2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my interview here the other day! I hope it goes (or did go) to one of you and grants you an acceptance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when the White Coat Ceremony or Orientation is?

Orientation begins August 7th.
Means White Coat should be the friday August 11th.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input. So I have had a somewhat decently paying job this year. Hopefully it shouldn't impact my awards in the future?
It wont because you wont be having a income while in school. So thats why they use the parents income because they could still give to you while your a student

It wont because you wont be having a income while in school. So thats why they use the parents income because they could still give to you while your a student

What about those of us who will want to work during summer and other breaks?

What about those of us who will want to work during summer and other breaks?
They don't care because most students don't even do that, they only focus on parents income. Also it sounds like you making serious moneys, I'm a young, black handsome fellow who wouldn't mind a sugar momma. Just saying ha ha ha jk.

Reactions: 2 users
They don't care because most students don't even do that, they only focus on parents income. Also it sounds like you making serious moneys, I'm a young, black handsome fellow who wouldn't mind a sugar momma. Just saying ha ha ha jk.

Haha, I have a somewhat decent job now. It's nothing that earns anything significant. But, I'd like to make sure that me having a job now doesn't mess up my fin aid, because otherwise, there's no point.

Haha, I have a somewhat decent job now. It's nothing that earns anything significant. But, I'd like to make sure that me having a job now doesn't mess up my fin aid, because otherwise, there's no point.
Probably the first time this cycle Chelsea FC has been turned down.

Is the acceptance letter the only thing they send through the mail? Or is there also some sort of acceptance package? Also how soon after receiving the discover drexel account information should I expect scholarship information to show up? Thanks
The acceptance letter was the only thing I got, nothing else. My financial aid status showed up 2-3 weeks later.

Did anyone else get the email about "Accepting the financial aid package"? Is there any harm in accepting a federal loan now? I'm on a few other waitlists and I just want to make sure that if I accept this now, it won't hurt me down the road if I get in somewhere else? Anyone know? Thank you!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get the email about "Accepting the financial aid package"? Is there any harm in accepting a federal loan now? I'm on a few other waitlists and I just want to make sure that if I accept this now, it won't hurt me down the road if I get in somewhere else? Anyone know? Thank you!
+1

for anyone interviewing this week, did they say when we should expect to hear back? ive been seeing a lot of people say they had to wait 8 weeks or more but i really hope thats not the case now lol but anyways, i forgot to ask on my way out yesterday!

for anyone interviewing this week, did they say when we should expect to hear back? ive been seeing a lot of people say they had to wait 8 weeks or more but i really hope thats not the case now lol but anyways, i forgot to ask on my way out yesterday!

when i interviewed last week the associate dean (?) lady said 8ish weeks... :shrug:

when i interviewed last week the associate dean (?) lady said 8ish weeks... :shrug:
oh wow so potentially mid June haha well hopefully its sooner! just out of curiosity, do you have any information about how our chances are interviewing in April? Just wondering if anyone asked about that or if the lady talked about timing in the cycle at all?

oh wow so potentially mid June haha well hopefully its sooner! just out of curiosity, do you have any information about how our chances are interviewing in April? Just wondering if anyone asked about that or if the lady talked about timing in the cycle at all?

my student interviewer was very nice in that they pulled my group close around themself and told us that likely there will be many waitlists, not outright acceptances. they were waitlisted after interviewing in late winter, and accepted off of the waitlist in early summer?

tbh not unexpected as the word of mouth for many schools interviewing this late is that they're for waitlist spots, even if the school implicitly says that they're not. one notable exception i think is dartmouth since they really do non-rolling admissions and many people get accepted from late interviews without going through waitlist. best of luck to you, feel free to PM me if you wanna chat about admissions and whatnot!

Is there an official accepted students facebook group?

Reactions: 2 users
is there any point in sending an update/letter of interest post interview but before hearing the decision? or is it just better to wait it out for now?

is when we hear back based on when our interviewer submits their review etc? Just wondering if I should expect a WL or rejection since people that interviewed with me have heard back

is when we hear back based on when our interviewer submits their review etc? Just wondering if I should expect a WL or rejection since people that interviewed with me have heard back
It's a highly complex process post interview which results in variable wait times before a final decision. They told us at our interview that once your interviewers submit their evals your full application goes thru two members of adcom who judiciously review everything in your file and make a recommendation. Then finally your app goes in front of the whole admissions committee and everything is reviewed. As you can imagine the time with which each of these steps depend on the schedules of a lot of really really busy people so someone else who interviewed after you may receive a decision sooner just because they had quick reviewers. Just be patient the timing will not affect the outcome. I interviewed on the second week of interviews and didn't hear back until 13 weeks post interview. Others had heard back in like 8 weeks. Result: accepted:))))

Waitlisted via email 12 weeks post-interview. Will be declining/withdrawing

i interviewed here early this week and forgot to get my interviewers email address for a thank you note...the guy at the desk said to send it to the general admissions email and theyll forward it to the interviewer. I did that but havent gotten a confirmation...should i think about calling my interviewer to say thank you or is this just me way over thinking this lol

i interviewed here early this week and forgot to get my interviewers email address for a thank you note...the guy at the desk said to send it to the general admissions email and theyll forward it to the interviewer. I did that but havent gotten a confirmation...should i think about calling my interviewer to say thank you or is this just me way over thinking this lol

I don't think I could call the interviewer haha. I also sent mine to the general admissions email and did not get a confirmation. I would just put it out of sight out of mind, you're good. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

To anyone rejected post interview - did your online status changed to decision made before you received your letter in the mail?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:

PM me. If you know their name, I can get their contact info if you'd like!

Contact / Directories - Drexel University

See if your interviewer will show up here. Their emails should be next to their names.

However, if you already sent it to admissions' inbox, I wouldn't worry about it - chances are your email is forwarded already.

I interviewed in late Jan, just got moved to the WL yesterday :/ LM=69

Guys, how difficult is to finding housing in Philly near the DUCOM campus? I'm not looking to live in Center City. Should I start looking for apartments now? Or in June/July would be ok?

Guys, how difficult is to finding housing in Philly near the DUCOM campus? I'm not looking to live in Center City. Should I start looking for apartments now? Or in June/July would be ok?

It depends on how picky you are. But honestly you will likely be able to find housing around the Queen lane area without difficulty if you start looking in June.

Anyone from Cali know how to fulfill the fingerprinting requirement? Do we just go get a livescan?

Anyone from Cali know how to fulfill the fingerprinting requirement? Do we just go get a livescan?
what I was told by my livescan place was that I cannot do a livescan for a place outside of California. I had to do ink fingerprinting and send them to cogent... not sure if this is true but that's what I did

what I was told by my livescan place was that I cannot do a livescan for a place outside of California. I had to do ink fingerprinting and send them to cogent... not sure if this is true but that's what I did
Thank so for the reply! You took the safe route. I am wondering I should do the same. The Drexel office told me "If you complete the LiveScan within the state of California you will need the fingerprints processed through a company there and send me the complete report." So I think livescan would be fine just as long as we get the results ourselves and send them to drexel

Should accepted students expect an official letter in the mail or something? How do we set up our Drexel accounts/ get info on Central? None of that was in the email/online letter.

Should accepted students expect an official letter in the mail or something? How do we set up our Drexel accounts/ get info on Central? None of that was in the email/online letter.
Congrats on the acceptance! Did you get find out today?

Just withdrew my acceptance, I hope it goes to one of you awesome SDN people!

just waitlisted today, :/ interviewed late February. still hoping there's room for me after April 30th.

Accepted today!

Does this mean I have only till Friday to decide if I already have another acceptance?

Reactions: 3 users