2016-2017 SUNY - Downstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed in January and haven't heard anything... Is that normal? I feel like people who interviewed after me have found out before me.
Interviewed on 02/22 and haven't heard back either.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when the adcom usually meets?
I heard somewhere in SDN that they meet every Wednesday. However, this could be pure speculation. Any curent student that could confirm or deny this rumor?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For the people asking if it was normal to not hear back yet if you interviewed a while ago. It all depends on your interviewer. When I interviewed in January a few years ago I didn't hear back for literally thirteen weeks. With this process, there's really no use trying to figure it out. You're still in the mix until you see a rejection, anyway!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email this moment: rejected. Not surprised ... good luck y'all!

Just called to find out if I was interviewing for the alternate list because I was never told about it. If it's any help... she asked for my interview date (3/7) and said yes it would be for that list. So if you interviewed then or after, there's your answer!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted just now after being put on hfs in January, interviewed in mid October.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
did you guys write letters of intent?

Got accepted today! Didn't send anything in. Interviewed in Feb.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!!! Interviewed in November and previously on HFS... feels surreal!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Does downstate use certiphi for background check? Or do we have to go to other website to complete the requirement?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

has anyone who interviewed in mid-feb or earlier not heard back yet?

Moved from HFS to alternate list just now. Interviewed mid Dec., HFS early Jan. Non trad, Lizzy M mid 70s.

+1 sigh

Reactions: 1 users
Based on reading last year's Downstate thread, everyone that was on HFS that didn't get off by now is transferred to the alternate list.

+1

Did they move everyone to the alternate list? I wonder what the odds of getting off it are to the alternate list

72-74 LizzyM, instate hopping on the alternate list train. Interviewed in october, HFS in November, so I'm not feeling too good about hearing back positively.

Also just got moved to alertnate. HFS in January

Joining the Alternate List from HFS train. Anyone know how much movement there is from this list traditionally?

EDIT: I interviewed in December and was put on HFS in January.

Just moved to the alternate list from HFS, my interview was in early Dec. and I got HFS in early Jan. D':

Also shuffled to the alternate list today. Does anyone know if the list is ranked or if it's based on interview/HFS date? Or on when you submit the alternate list response form? Submitted mine ASAP just in case.

If any of you have completed the certiphi background check, do you remember were there any questions about traffic violations? I had a couple of tickets, do I need to disclose to the schools?

Moved to the alternate list. HFS in November. There sure are a lot of us!

Also shuffled to the alternate list today. Does anyone know if the list is ranked or if it's based on interview/HFS date? Or on when you submit the alternate list response form? Submitted mine ASAP just in case.

It's probably not based on interview/HFS/response date. I'm sure there is some ranking, although idk how strictly they adhere to it. Sometimes if an IS student withdraws they'll take another IS or they might try to keep male:female ratio fairly equal or replace a nontrad with another nontrad. At least I've heard other schools do this

Looks like the HFS-->alternate list shift happened earlier than last year which was even earlier than the year before. Wonder if this means anything.

So far late March 2017 SUNY-DS SDN
HFS->ALT List purge n=15?

Seems like alt listers can potentially expect some significant movement in early May that trickles off into June.

Question is, how many additional HFS applicants, if any, remain that are not yet moved to ALT status? and what impact, if any, does previous status have on alt list placement moving forward?

So, finally made an account. I was also placed on the alt list. :(