2016-2017 When to FAFSA when interviewing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boobaloobie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've used the search function (UTSF), the google machine and my pre-med adviser to no avail... When are we supposed to file our FAFSA now that we can in October? I have one acceptance, a bunch of interviews scheduled and some I'm still waiting to hear back from. My pre-med adviser told me to "Just list 10 schools you like and be done with it", but then when I asked why she though that she said "Oh... well maybe just wait then". So... should I file now on the acceptance I have and update later? Should I just file 10 schools now and see if I have to update later? What is everyone doing? Thanks! Also, this is my first post, so apologies in advance if I've made some newbie faux pas.

Members don't see this ad.

I filed it a few weeks ago with the schools I've interviewed at so far, and will add schools as needed! Figured best to turn it in sooner rather than later. Of course for people with a ridiculous number of interviews (>10), I guess waiting a little for acceptances makes more sense? Not sure how they would do that but I'll let them decide lol not a bad problem to have.

Reactions: 1 user
I filed it a few weeks ago with the schools I've interviewed at so far, and will add schools as needed! Figured best to turn it in sooner rather than later. Of course for people with a ridiculous number of interviews (>10), I guess waiting a little for acceptances makes more sense? Not sure how they would do that but I'll let them decide lol not a bad problem to have.
Thanks!