2016 Nova Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted yesterday, paid my deposit today!!! Looks like I'll be at Nova come fall.

I was accepted yesterday, paid my deposit today!!! Looks like I'll be at Nova come fall.

When did you have your interview? How did you find out if you got accepted or not? did you accepted at Fort Lauderdale or PGA?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call for an interview at NOVA in Ponce, Puerto Rico..... please any advice im so nervous

I got the call for an interview at NOVA in Ponce, Puerto Rico..... please any advice im so nervous

Be yourself, don't be nervous, and speak the truth, thats the main thing, speak the truth, if you dont know an answer, its better to tell them i am not familiar then making up a story. Good Luck.:)

When did you have your interview? How did you find out if you got accepted or not? did you accepted at Fort Lauderdale or PGA?

Early February I interviewed, found out via email.

ETA: I accepted at Ft. Lauderdale

Be yourself, don't be nervous, and speak the truth, thats the main thing, speak the truth, if you dont know an answer, its better to tell them i am not familiar then making up a story. Good Luck.:)

I agree 100%.

Thanks a lot.... i hope to receive an acceptance after this.

GOOD LUCK to everyone that is in the same position as i am

Early February I interviewed, found out via email.

ETA: I accepted at Ft. Lauderdale

I had my interview FEB 9th, i still havent heard anything. do you know exactly which date you had ur interview? i am very worried now?:scared:

I just got an email for an interview!! I need to call to schedule still. I wonder how many seats are left for the PB campus, any idea?? After reading this thread, I'm guessing the interview is an open file one :( I'm so nervousss!

I just got an email for an interview!! I need to call to schedule still. I wonder how many seats are left for the PB campus, any idea?? After reading this thread, I'm guessing the interview is an open file one :( I'm so nervousss!

Don't worry about how many seats are left... Focus on your interview make the best you can...... I'm gonna have mine this week on Puerto Rico Campus and I'm nervous but I'm going to give my best and hope for the best..... Good Luck on yours

good luck guys!!!!!!!!! they r probably still tryin to fill the seats....Jose4500 is right...just focus on ur interview b urself!!! again good luck!!!

does anyone know if its true that P1 students have classes only from 1pm-5pm?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed March 7th and everyone said I would find out within two to three weeks. Is that about average? I'm hoping I find out (and become accepted) by Friday so I don't have to go to my UF interview (lol). I CANT WAIT TO GET THE EMAIL FROM NOVA!!!!

It took them 3 weeks to get back to me. They notified me via phone call. Good luck.

they put me on waiting list.:(, i m so sad.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

dont take this the wrong way but it could be a blessing in disguise if you dont get accepted. i've been reading a lot about how much the field of pharmacy is going down the drain. its really making me think twice about going to pharmacy school. i cant imagine graduating with over 100k in student loans and no job prospects. its a very scary thought. i dont know how wait listing works but i still think your chances of being accepted because you are wait listed are still pretty high. good luck.

I think i did bad on my interview at Puerto Rico campus :( lets see what happens

Im so sorry tohear. That.... wen did u find out? N maybe u can ask them how long u have to wait for the final answer!

I found out like last friday. they send me a letter home and i was really scared, if they denied me or alternate list? at the end i saw alternate list, i have 50 50 chance, so i dont know whts gonna happen. i need all your blessings, so plz pray for me.

dont take this the wrong way but it could be a blessing in disguise if you dont get accepted. i've been reading a lot about how much the field of pharmacy is going down the drain. its really making me think twice about going to pharmacy school. i cant imagine graduating with over 100k in student loans and no job prospects. its a very scary thought. i dont know how wait listing works but i still think your chances of being accepted because you are wait listed are still pretty high. good luck.

I f dont get into a pharmacy school, i am dead, all 2.5 years of my life, i have did the pre-req for pharmacy, worked at a pharmacy, study the life behind it, if i cant become a pharmacist, i have to die, becuz i am doomed. i dont care of the money seriusly, i just care about, i am a pharmacist, thats what i want to show my folks. they think i am dumb and i m not capable of doing things, so i want to prove them wrong,. plz wish me luck.

I found out like last friday. they send me a letter home and i was really scared, if they denied me or alternate list? at the end i saw alternate list, i have 50 50 chance, so i dont know whts gonna happen. i need all your blessings, so plz pray for me.

ill pray for you :)

I f dont get into a pharmacy school, i am dead, all 2.5 years of my life, i have did the pre-req for pharmacy, worked at a pharmacy, study the life behind it, if i cant become a pharmacist, i have to die, becuz i am doomed. i dont care of the money seriusly, i just care about, i am a pharmacist, thats what i want to show my folks. they think i am dumb and i m not capable of doing things, so i want to prove them wrong,. plz wish me luck.
I was in same boat just so you feel good I am already registered pharmacist from india but cant practice as pharmacist because of new laws. all my life I just dreamed to be pharmacist. believe me I totally understand what you feel now. hang in there you will get it. all my prayers are for you. dont loose hope yet. :thumbup::thumbup:

I was in same boat just so you feel good I am already registered pharmacist from india but cant practice as pharmacist because of new laws. all my life I just dreamed to be pharmacist. believe me I totally understand what you feel now. hang in there you will get it. all my prayers are for you. dont loose hope yet. :thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you very much. i still havent loose hope yet but inside of me i always get negative response thats why i am nervous.

So many emotions in here remind me of what I felt just a few months ago. It's exactly why I applied super early :D

I have interview this thursday!! :xf::)

Any one who has interviewed at NOVA..
what did you guys think? From what I know, there is NO written assessment during the interview. correct? just want to make sure.

Please give your feedback/suggestions ..Any help will be appreciated :luck::)

Anybody who dropped out from west palm beach, let me know?

I just gave up my seat from WPB

I love you, seriusly. i am so thankful to you, i know it doesnt mean i will have a chance but still i might have a chance, thank you.

finally got acceptance letter in mail :):):soexcited::love:

thanks to sdn and everyone who gave the feedback/suggestions!!

I just went to my interview in the Ponce campus last week ... i think the interview went pretty ok .... but i'm DYING to know one way or another -_-

Congrats to all of the newly accepted students for the NSU COP Class of 2016!

I just wanted to give you all some helpful information to better prepare for the upcoming year.

1. Financial Aid- For those of you needing financial aid funds go ahead and make sure you complete your fafsa application (www.fafsa.ed.gov) and add the NSU federal school code: 001509
Here is more info just released from Nova: http://www.nova.edu/financialaid/forms/dollars_sense_springsummer12.pdf

2. Housing- There are two options: On Campus and Off Campus. On Campus you have the Graduate Housing at Rolling Hills which is really nice and then there are plenty of places near by off campus. There are residential life counselors that will help you no matter what option you choose. Contact their office at (954) 262-7052 or visit nova.edu/reslife

3. Other documents- Make sure that you submit all remaining documents, requirements, official transcripts listed in your admissions letter after your final classes are over and grades are posted. The COP office of student affairs will be sending out in May or June the other info on Background checks, immunizations, etc. When it gets closer to August you will want to order your white coat, clickers, and books from the bookstore (no worry.. you can also do this the week of orientation). You'll also have time then to get your parking decal and Student ID card in the One Stop Shop on the 1st floor of Terry or at the Palm Beach or Ponce campuses.

4. Orientation- Will begin Sat. Aug. 12th and last all week long. You will still have a chance to submit any of the other docs needs at that time. School will start that week after which is around Mon. Aug 20th

Hope this info helps for those that are wondering what the next step is :)

I just went to my interview in the Ponce campus last week ... i think the interview went pretty ok .... but i'm DYING to know one way or another -_-

Congrats!!!!! the waiting is to die but its gonna pay off..... If its like me you will only have to wait like 3 weeks only..... Hope you get accepted wish you the best

Congrats!!!!! the waiting is to die but its gonna pay off..... If its like me you will only have to wait like 3 weeks only..... Hope you get accepted wish you the best

Yeah! Thank you!!! I hope so! the thing is that my grades aren't very good, i'm actually really surprised that they called .... and now im just waiting and crossing my fingers .... the anxiety is killing me xD :scared:

Thanks for the info, does anyone know when is the White Coat Ceremony for the class of 2016? is it gonna be August or October?

Yeah! Thank you!!! I hope so! the thing is that my grades aren't very good, i'm actually really surprised that they called .... and now im just waiting and crossing my fingers .... the anxiety is killing me xD :scared:

Dont worry Im not the 4.0 points type of person..... Now it all depends on how good you made the interview, your portfolio and your Composite in the PCAT but hope all turns good and see you on August

Does anyone know how many students got accepted at the WPB campus and wants to attend NSU? is there anyone who did or will drop out from WPB NSU?

@newm I was told at my interview by a student that new pharmacy students wear professional clothes to classes until their white coat ceremony then you are able to wear scrubs. So I assume it is in October.