2017-2018 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's raining II's! Congrats all!

Members don't see this ad.

II! 3.75.515 OOS. Kinda nervous about the MMI format :nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who got interviews!! what dates were available?

Are there any OOS states who applied for the rural program? I'm wondering if I've sabotaged my chances at this school

Got an II on Thursday. Canadian, 4.0 GPA, 520 MCAT.

I looked at the MSAR and it says they interviewed 9 internationals last year: 1 deferred and 8 matriculated. Hopefully this is accurate!

I was just marked complete on Friday so hopefully another batch of IIs go out soon!

How long did it take you guys to get marked complete? It's been a week and I haven't been marked complete yet.

For those who are not yet complete, do you have "Supplemental Load Process" next to supplemental application?

For those who are not yet complete, do you have "Supplemental Load Process" next to supplemental application?
Doesn't this mean they are reviewing our application?

I just had my letters marked as received today and I still have the supplemental load process words still there. Do we receive a complete email or no?

Anyone else just recieve an email stating their application has been recieved? Lol

I was sent a complete email on 7/13 so idk if it's a glitch or what

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else just recieve an email stating their application has been recieved? Lol

Yes I did too, and whats even weirder is they sent it to my college email address, which I never listed on my application anywhere lol :wtf:

I just did lol, hoped for it to be an II

Reactions: 1 user
yeah just got that complete email again even tho been complete since 7/13ish. here's hoping it was supposed to be a II or something

yeah just got that complete email again even tho been complete since 7/13ish. here's hoping it was supposed to be a II or something

Same, new email said: "
Thank you for applying to SUNY Upstate Medical University. Your application has been received!

Please allow two business days for your application and payment to process and register in your checklist as having been received.

Office of Admissions & Financial Aid"

Same, new email said: "
Thank you for applying to SUNY Upstate Medical University. Your application has been received!

Please allow two business days for your application and payment to process and register in your checklist as having been received.

Office of Admissions & Financial Aid"
I just called admissions and they let me know that they just sent out a bunch of those emails now because they started sending those specific emails a couple years ago and they forgot to earlier on! So your original complete email is still the official one.

II! My first one of the cycle I'm so excited!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! When were you complete? And did they email?
Complete 7/18 and no email, I've been feverishly checking the portal for updates like the neurotic Pre-Med I am

Wait what??? You got an II knowledge by checking portal not email?!!???!
Yeah that seems to be the trend with this school, I seem to remember someone mentioning they got an email notification 2 days after the portal update somewhere higher up in the thread, correct me if I'm wrong...

Yeah that seems to be the trend with this school, I seem to remember someone mentioning they got an email notification 2 days after the portal update somewhere higher up in the thread, correct me if I'm wrong...
tbh you just validated the neurotic premed portal checking
good job

Question about the admission process. If I was complete 7/13 and still haven't received an II, does that mean I won't be getting one?

Question about the admission process. If I was complete 7/13 and still haven't received an II, does that mean I won't be getting one?

Fortunately, I did get one yesterday. Question: Is it advisable to pick the earliest date possible? Also, where do we upload our photo that is asked from us?

Fortunately, I did get one yesterday. Question: Is it advisable to pick the earliest date possible? Also, where do we upload our photo that is asked from us?
How did you receive an interview yesterday and usually adcoms dont work on weekends? Interesting! Are you IS? STATS?

First II. IS, complete 7/26, LM ~78

No email, I just happened to check the portal this morning.

Last edited:
Once you pick your date you'll be prompted to upload your photo!

This school was weird, I submitted my secondary late but they responded with an invite the next day. I did apply for the MD/MPH if that means anything...
secondary in 7/26 invite 7/27

II today! (although I hadn't checked the portal this past week so maybe sooner) Completed 8/1. LM ~75

Darn it I guess I wont be receiving an II, I was completed on 07/13 :(

Darn it I guess I wont be receiving an II, I was completed on 07/13 :(
Not necessarily true, have to stay confident and positive in this process! I'm also IS and actually from Syracuse, which may have played a role in the quick turnaround time but who can say really.

For your safety, I must remind you that it absolutely does not work that way
Yeah but its ughhh
Not necessarily true, have to stay confident and positive in this process! I'm also IS and actually from Syracuse, which may have played a role in the quick turnaround time but who can say really.
I am IS too, not from Syracuse though

Interview!! (Saw on portal- have you been getting emails a few days later?) Also, how long did it take to get interview confirmation email after picking a date?

Interview!! (Saw on portal- have you been getting emails a few days later?) Also, how long did it take to get interview confirmation email after picking a date?
i got email confirmation the next day!

Where on the portal is it? I dont see anything even saying like status of my application or anything like that

Are there any OOS states who applied for the rural program? I'm wondering if I've sabotaged my chances at this school
I'm OOS and applied for the rural program too and got an II... I actually emailed admissions and they said that applicants to the rural program are automatically considered for the regular MD as well. (Not sure why this would impact your chances one way or another...)

I'm OOS and applied for the rural program too and got an II... I actually emailed admissions and they said that applicants to the rural program are automatically considered for the regular MD as well. (Not sure why this would impact your chances one way or another...)

Lol because I'm OOS and have never lived in a rural area. Plus, coupled with the fact that I'm URM, I'm worried that the adcoms won't take my application seriously. Not many URM's (none that I know), wish to work and reside within rural communities

I'm OOS (New England still) but was born in NY and lived there for a little, can they see this? Its on the AMCAS application but the secondary doesn't have anywhere where I could essentially "remind them" of this. All of my family lived in NY so I actually associated growing up more with NY than my current state

Did it take awhile for Upstate to load your LORs ? .. Every other school got my letters several days ago but Upstate hasn't updated my portal or marked me complete even though I sent my secondary in last week.