2017-2018 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to the Waitlist Acceptance Tracker, someone got off the MD/PhD waitlist? I'm not sure if they're drawn from the same pool though...

Members don't see this ad.

According to the Waitlist Acceptance Tracker, someone got off the MD/PhD waitlist? I'm not sure if they're drawn from the same pool though...
oh don't do this to me cornell

Reactions: 1 user
guys just a random question: Cornell vs Sinai vs NYU which one would you choose and why

Members don't see this ad :)
guys just a random question: Cornell vs Sinai vs NYU which one would you choose and why
Cornell. The opportunity to do rotations at HSS, Sloan, and NYP are unbeatable. I really think they have the strongest hospital system of any NY school

Reactions: 5 users

Totally different application pool/process

I called and she said that the class is tentatively full but that they would be going to the waitlist so idk what that means and now im just more anxious :)

Cornell. Never really liked NYU: Median MCAT was too high for my liking ;). Plus I liked the opportunities at Cornell more (interested in ortho, GI or Internal Medicine)

I called and she said that the class is tentatively full but that they would be going to the waitlist so idk what that means and now im just more anxious :)

Rule #1 Patience is a virtue :).

Rule #2 Calling admissions for status updates usually results in the opposite effect of what you'd expect. You wanted comfort but instead received more anxiety/stress regarding waitlists decisions.

You should exhibit great caution when calling admission for a status update regarding waitlists (that is what SDN is for ;) )

"Tentatively" is crutch word which really doesn't add any value to what their waitlist email said. Just wait it out like the rest of us. The waitlists will move and you will hear about it. At this point, there is nothing we can do. It is up to the 68th street and york avenue (Weill) Gods now.

Reactions: 1 users
Cornell. Never really liked NYU: Median MCAT was too high for my liking ;). Plus I liked the opportunities at Cornell more (interested in ortho, GI or Internal Medicine)

Give him a break, hes just trying to be dat hopeful kid

Rule #1 Patience is a virtue :).

Rule #2 Calling admissions for status updates usually results in the opposite effect of what you'd expect. You wanted comfort but instead received more anxiety/stress regarding waitlists decisions.

You should exhibit great caution when calling admission for a status update regarding waitlists (that is what SDN is for ;) )

"Tentatively" is crutch word which really doesn't add any value to what their waitlist email said. Just wait it out like the rest of us. The waitlists will move and you will hear about it. At this point, there is nothing we can do. It is up to the 68th street and york avenue (Weill) Gods now.

Thanks for the brave call!
But that doesn’t make any sense... if the class is full they wouldn’t be able to go to the waitlist... do you mind me asking when did you call?

Thanks for the brave call!
But that doesn’t make any sense... if the class is full they wouldn’t be able to go to the waitlist... do you mind me asking when did you call?

Stop reading into it. The office staff was provided with a statement to give should someone ask about the waitlist moving (exactly the same wording as in the waitlist email). They don't know the behind the scenes action of the admissions committee.

Nothing yet? wow I guess its taking way longer than last two years. 2016 was May 4th and 2017 was May 7th. This year seems slow for all schools. The wait is seriously so agonizing.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got called! ACCEPTED!!! So happy. Crying hysterically.

Reactions: 10 users
Congrats, this is amazing! I didn't know admissions called when they pulled people off the wait list. Was it a physician or did the call come from admissions?
I didn’t know that either. I’ve been refreshing my email like crazy. It was from the director of admissions!

EDIT: Gosh I’m so rude, in my excitement I forgot to say thank you. Thank you!!

I just got the call! Accepted off the waitlist!!!! So excited :). Call was from admissions, and we were given two weeks to make a decision! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
I just got the call! Accepted off the waitlist!!!! So excited :). Call was from admissions, and we were given two weeks to make a decision! Good luck everyone!
So you got the call at around 7pm?

Congrats to all those accepted off the waitlist! It seems like the first wave is done but wasn't too many people (which is what other Cornell threads from years past also seem to look like). So....to us still waiting, may the odds be ever in our favor!! Don't lose hope or I will too!!!

Congrats to all those accepted off the waitlist! It seems like the first wave is done but wasn't too many people (which is what other Cornell threads from years past also seem to look like). So....to us still waiting, may the odds be ever in our favor!! Don't lose hope or I will too!!!

Nah I’m giving up bro. It’s done.

Got my official email a little while ago! Feels more real now :)

congrats to those of you who just got that fateful call!

Nah I’m giving up bro. It’s done.
Man, I'm feeling the same way. Happy for people who got accepted but just got super bummed.Now I gotta wait 2 weeks for potentially more disappointment? lol

Reactions: 3 users
Got an email notification last night that I was accepted (off the waitlist)! Definitely committing here!!!

Got an email notification last night that I was accepted (off the waitlist)! Definitely committing here!!!
Were you called or just got an email? Congrats btw!

I didn't check my phone actually, so I think I might've missed the call. And thank you!

I feel so conflicted about signing a lease right now. I really want to stay hopeful :(

im operating under the assumption its not happening, and then if it does ill deal with making the decision whether or not to go. we should get excited about the schools we committed to, because why tf not!

im operating under the assumption its not happening, and then if it does ill deal with making the decision whether or not to go. we should get excited about the schools we committed to, because why tf not!

Yea it’s not happening. 12 people have joined the class on facebook since May 1st.

I just got a call!!!!! Crying omg. I guess they're calling throughout today so don't lose hope :)

Reactions: 7 users
About to withdraw my acceptance. It was an incredibly tough choice but I hope the spot goes to one of you. Stay Strong!

Reactions: 6 users
Would anyone from this thread who applied to Cornell last cycle be willing to read my "why cornell" secondary essay? PM me if you can help a girl out :hello:

Soooo....if you got a full-tuition scholarship to Drexel but you were waitlisted at Cornell, what would you do? Asking for a friend.

Soooo....if you got a full-tuition scholarship to Drexel but you were waitlisted at Cornell, what would you do? Asking for a friend.

Well you were accepted to one school and not accepted to the other, so you should go to the school that accepted you. If/when Cornell does accept you, consider it then and not before. You may feel different if you get accepted off the waitlist, but until then it’s moot.

Depends on your career goals. If you are thinking primary care (not competitive, MDs undercompensated), the money at Drexel is hard to turn down. If you are thinking academics or a competitive speciality, I’d lean Cornell/Sinai/etc. Location matters too but nyc and philly are pretty close to each other.

got the call around 12pm today :')))---there is still movement do not lose hope!!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Wait list is still moving!!! Got the call today!

Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone receive a confirmation email after submitting their housing survey? I don’t remember if the survey said if we should expect one.

I didn't get one. I assume we're set since they said they are holding housing for the entire class.

I didn't get one. I assume we're set since they said they are holding housing for the entire class.
Ok great. I just have this irrational feeling that I am missing something