2017 DAT Deadlines/Age of DAT/Multiple Scores/Canadian/Consideration Without DAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There have been minor changes since the 2015 ADEA Guide.
Age of DAT-Three schools (Nebraska, San Antonio, W. Virginia) are generous (5 years) to a fault-
-Six with 4 years; 18 with 3 years; 27 with 2 years; 4 with 1 year
Multiple DAT Scores- 4 schools consider all; 4 will average scores; 24 will take the highest and the majority (33) will take the most recent, making retaking the DAT a risky business. NOVA has "All scores are evaluated on their merit", whatever that means. For Penn, the "Highest score in subject area is considered"; a case of whatever makes the applicants look best (?).
Canadian DAT-While the majority (44) of the schools accept the Canadian DAT, there are 22 schools that do not accept it, making school selection for our cousins to the north a little more difficult.
Consideration without DAT Scores-There are only 6 schools that give lip service to consideration of an application without DAT scores making the rush to "early" applicants that have yet to take the test questionable at best.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2017 DAT Scores SDN 6-28-17.doc
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,053
Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
There have been minor changes since the 2015 ADEA Guide.
Age of DAT-Three schools (Nebraska, San Antonio, W. Virginia) are generous (5 years) to a fault-
-Six with 4 years; 18 with 3 years; 27 with 2 years; 4 with 1 year
Multiple DAT Scores- 4 schools consider all; 4 will average scores; 24 will take the highest and the majority (33) will take the most recent, making retaking the DAT a risky business. NOVA has "All scores are evaluated on their merit", whatever that means. For Penn, the "Highest score in subject area is considered"; a case of whatever makes the applicants look best (?).
Canadian DAT-While the majority (44) of the schools accept the Canadian DAT, there are 22 schools that do not accept it, making school selection for our cousins to the north a little more difficult.
Consideration without DAT Scores-There are only 6 schools that give lip service to consideration of an application without DAT scores making the rush to "early" applicants that have yet to take the test questionable at best.
Thanks once again for your incredibly helpful thread. You don't happen to have a similar breakdown on which schools consider apps without LORs submitted, do you? I've seen some people even get interviews without the letters, but I know it's uncommon, and what info is available seems to be out of date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks once again for your incredibly helpful thread. You don't happen to have a similar breakdown on which schools consider apps without LORs submitted, do you? I've seen some people even get interviews without the letters, but I know it's uncommon, and what info is available seems to be out of date.
There is no such list nor is there one that will review incomplete applications.

Last edited:
Regardless of their standard protocol, I've seen a few people with pre-LOR interviews, so figured it was worth asking.

Is there a list of the 4 schools that do average DAT attempts anywhere? Does anyone know what schools those might be?

Sorry I'm new and I can't see where the names of the 4 schools that do this are stated. Thanks!

You will find them in the excel file. Alabama, Arizona, Midwestern, Houston.

Reactions: 1 users
When you say the dental school take "highest" does that mean highest AA or highest score from each section?

When you say the dental school take "highest" does that mean highest AA or highest score from each section?
Only the hairdresser knows for sure. Probably the highest of the bunch; some do some cherry picking.

I would love to know which Dental schools do cherry picking because that's awesome!! Any ideas?