2017 Eras application submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Md1112

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am an AMG applying to IM this cycle. I was wondering how not submitting my application on sep 15 hurt me. I did bad on step one and I will be getting my step 2cs and ck scores in 2nd week of October. I guess what I am saying is I don't want programs to filter me out based on just my step one score. I want to give my best shot and do great on the step 2s and apply right after I get the scores. If anyone has any input on this I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
I am an AMG applying to IM this cycle. I was wondering how not submitting my application on sep 15 hurt me. I did bad on step one and I will be getting my step 2cs and ck scores in 2nd week of October. I guess what I am saying is I don't want programs to filter me out based on just my step one score. I want to give my best shot and do great on the step 2s and apply right after I get the scores. If anyone has any input on this I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Many programs by that point will probably stop downloading apps. Now I know there was once a delay in terms of when the MSPE was released to programs and am not sure if that's the case now.

But yeah waiting a full month seems like a terrible idea.

Hello everyone,

As an IMG, don't wait for Oct 1 to pass. Apply with CK if you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

img here.. I am looking at IM program list in ERAS and many programs are not in the list...will they be added later?

Programs need to confirm their participation in ERAS. It's very early, many programs haven't done it yet. You can't actually apply to programs until 9/6, and we don't get apps until 9/15.

Reactions: 1 users
In MyERAS there is a section called experience. In this section there are 2 sections called "Training" and "Experience".. I am an img who has completed residency training in my home country.. Do I list that under "training" or "experience" ? Some people told me that only ACGME/AOA residencies can be listed as training.. residencies done in other countries have to be listed as experience.. But in the training section they ask for the country in which the residency was completed...where should I mention the residency ?