2017 How did you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glassgirl6

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just joined this SDN. So how did everyone's M1 go. Did you choose the right school fit?
Personally I can not believe I got through first year and it is really almost finished. I am staying for the summer and wonder what anyone else is going to do. Hope to find a job and mostly, see some family, study, and work on my research. I was nervous on many occasions, not sure if this was the right fit at times. I moved very far from my family and friends. Met some great people however. Studied until I could hardly breath sometimes. Got through it and have loved every second of this experience. Found my perfect school and city. Still can't believe I am here. Would love to hear about others.

Members don't see this ad.

Just joined this SDN. So how did everyone's M1 go. Did you choose the right school fit?
Personally I can not believe I got through first year and it is really almost finished. I am staying for the summer and wonder what anyone else is going to do. Hope to find a job and mostly, see some family, study, and work on my research. I was nervous on many occasions, not sure if this was the right fit at times. I moved very far from my family and friends. Met some great people however. Studied until I could hardly breath sometimes. Got through it and have loved every second of this experience. Found my perfect school and city. Still can't believe I am here. Would love to hear about others.
This isn't your personal diary, Judy Blume.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It sucked. School is still school and I still hate being there. Classmates are overly cheerful to the point of creepiness. The only redeeming factor is the material is marginally more interesting.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, a message board for med students isn't the place to share your thoughts and feelings about med school with other people who are also in med school.

Reactions: 9 users
Rude.

I still have 3 more weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, a message board for med students isn't the place to share your thoughts and feelings about med school with other people who are also in med school.
Lol, I think that a message board is for many things, including sharing thoughts on Med School as we all go through it. I guess it is not such a great thing for many. I see some students that look like they are close to death. Thanks for sharing, have a life.

DermViser, your life will get better. Just keep swimming and reading Judy Blume. Don't let it get ya, the life thing, you can be nice i'll bet

Members don't see this ad :)
DermViser, your life will get better. Just keep swimming and reading Judy Blume. Don't let it get ya, the life thing, you can be nice i'll bet
Actually it's quite fine. Your MS-1 post as if you're writing a letter back home to your parents from summer camp leaves much to be desired.

DermViser, in regards to your post after the snarky Judy Blume comment, I am finishing M1 and have not found the dark side to Med School at this point. I hope I do. I know I will. I will deal with it. I do hope that I do not end up being dark and negative. Looking forward to a life that I have always dreamed of at this point. That is way to positive for you to digest. It is my truth. Life is good.

Actually it's quite fine. Your MS-1 post as if you're writing a letter back home to your parents from summer camp leaves much to be desired.
Nah, parents get phone calls. My post is just a post. If you find it to be tough to handle then just move on and read more Judy B. Enjoy

DermViser, in regards to your post after the snarky Judy Blume comment, I am finishing M1 and have not found the dark side to Med School at this point. I hope I do. I know I will. I will deal with it. I do hope that I do not end up being dark and negative. Looking forward to a life that I have always dreamed of at this point. That is way to positive for you to digest. It is my truth. Life is good.
Yes, like I said, you're an MS-1, who still has the protection of the classroom and you go to a school which is P/F (not sure if it's "true" P/F). Your viewpoint will change greatly by the end of your MS-3 clerkship year (esp. after OB-Gyn, Surgery), in which your viewpoint will change, maybe not "dark and negative" but more down-to-earth reality based vs. sailing in the cloud of your dreams.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, like I said, you're an MS-1, who still has the protection of the classroom and you go to a school which is P/F (not sure if it's "true" P/F). Your viewpoint will change greatly by the end of your MS-3 clerkship year (esp. after OB-Gyn, Surgery), in which your viewpoint will change, maybe not "dark and negative" but more down-to-earth reality based vs. sailing in the cloud of your dreams.
I have two mentors that are M3's, they do look pale and sort of dead. Yup, I get that my head is in the clouds and I get that this will change. It is what it is right now, I could die tomorrow for all I know and never make it past this minute. Thanks though for the heads up. I am in a P/F but scores but ranks are kept. If my viewpoint changes then it will change.

Lol, I think that a message board is for many things, including sharing thoughts on Med School as we all go through it. I guess it is not such a great thing for many. I see some students that look like they are close to death. Thanks for sharing, have a life.

I'm pretty sure you just misinterpreted that guy's sarcasm.

C'mon man, let the naive MS-1s who are happy continue to be happy. Don't be the cantankerous old man who wants everybody to be all doom and gloom. The real aspect of medicine will hit them soon enough, and they'll either put up or break down.

I'm all for people who love medical school and are happy as a bee at the beginning of spring, as long as they aren't talking to me (about how awesome it is to learn about embryology or whatever) in person. If they do that **** in person I'm gonna knock em out. Cause I can't stand overly enthusiastic people projecting their enthusiasm onto me.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm all for people who love medical school and are happy as a bee at the beginning of spring, as long as they aren't talking to me (about how awesome it is to learn about embryology or whatever) in person. If they do that **** in person I'm gonna knock em out. Cause I can't stand overly enthusiastic people projecting their enthusiasm onto me.
Let's have an SDN meet-up. I would love to talk some of my enthusiastic science **** to evilbooya.

Don't do it. He sounds tough.

Let's have an SDN meet-up. I would love to talk some of my enthusiastic science **** to evilbooya.

I would love this to happen just so I could see what Anastamoses and Arkangeloid are like in real life.

And to hit on WingedScapula.

Let's have an SDN meet-up. I would love to talk some of my enthusiastic science **** to evilbooyaa.

2 A's.

Don't think I won't stick to what I posted, even if you are a female.

I mean I won't punch you to knock you out, but I will play fight with you. Like really intensely. Maybe I'll grab a pillow and knock you out with that.
I would love this to happen just so I could see what Anastamoses and Arkangeloid are like in real life.

Agreed on all points. I think Ark and I would be friends if we knew each other IRL. Not sure about Anasto.

2 A's.

Don't think I won't stick to what I posted, even if you are a female.

I mean I won't punch you to knock you out, but I will play fight with you. Like really intensely. Maybe I'll grab a pillow and knock you out with that.

Agreed on all points. I think Ark and I would be friends if we knew each other IRL. Not sure about Anasto.
I'll bring a pillow too. Bring it.

NO. NO!

This is where I draw the line.

Deal with it.

1474045_o.gif

Deal with it.

You might have been the alpha with your loser friends. You're in my world now, son.

Edit: I will allow you to be dragon, but only because I forgot which character was dragon.

Last edited:
I learned to identify different purple blurry turds in a microscope.

...what? Move along now.Nothing to see here.

C'mon man, let the naive MS-1s who are happy continue to be happy. Don't be the cantankerous old man who wants everybody to be all doom and gloom. The real aspect of medicine will hit them soon enough, and they'll either put up or break down.

I've come to appreciate these people more and more the past few years. Not just M1s but also my own classmates.

Better than the med students who constantly bitch and complain about everything.

At rounds, during lunch, waiting at the bus stop, even out for a drink.

It's like a full time job for some people.

+1

I'll buy the 1st round of tequila shots.

Oh my god... the Allopathic sub-community here is full of dinguses. Completely unnecessary.

Oh my god... the Allopathic sub-community here is full of dinguses. Completely unnecessary.
Actually, dinguses are remarkably necessary. Try doing without one. Also, sup premed?

I'm rather fond of vulgarity, if you're dishing out, does this mean that you're willing to take it?

Actually, dinguses are remarkably necessary. Try doing without one. Also, sup premed?

I'm rather fond of vulgarity, if you're dishing out, does this mean that you're willing to take it?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Is this supposed to be an attempt at humor?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Is this supposed to be an attempt at humor?

No, I'm seriously asking you. You're being rude and violating ToS, does this mean that you welcome a response in kind, because I don't want to be banned on account of you?

No, I'm seriously asking you. You're being rude and violating ToS, does this mean that you welcome a response in kind, because I don't want to be banned on account of you?

If he doesn't report you, I will! I'll take you down with me, I'm crazy like that!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I wish I could videotape your first encounter with a GI guy outside of a lecture hall (or even in one). Expect poop jokes, poop jokes everywhere.