2017 Ohio state pharm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Specialk19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Who plans to apply to Ohio state for 2013? Share stats please!

Members don't see this ad.

3.3 GPA
89 PCAT
4+ years full-time pharmacy work exp in long-term care

OSU is my top choice, but we shall see! Already submitted.

3.69 Cumulative GPA
3.77 OSU Prerequisite GPA
98% PCAT Composite

I did my undergraduate at a private college in Ohio but I maintained residency in Washington state. I have ~140 hours as an unpaid pharmacy assistant.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get the supplemental email? My PharmCAS was mailed about a week ago and I still haven't received anything.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It is supposed to take two weeks from whenever your pharmcas application is complete. Good luck!

3.98 Cumulative GPA
4.0 Science/Math
99 % PCAT Composite.
+ research experience

OSU is my top choice. Filled out the supplemental a couple of weeks ago. I am hoping for an interview soon.

Just got an interview inivite! :) But I have yet to even turn in my supplemental...is that common, do you guys think its a mistake? FYI, the interview dates are November 16/17 but I've already accepted an interview to Buffalo...I'll probably have to reschedule!

And my stats are...

97% composite.
Clinic, research and volunteer experience.

I also received an invitation to interview for November 16/17. It is common to receive an interview without the supplemental application complete. The supplemental should be completed before going to the interview, however.

I also received an invitation to interview for November 16/17. It is common to receive an interview without the supplemental application complete. The supplemental should be completed before going to the interview, however.

Thanks! Congrats on your interview! Are you going on one of those two interview dates for sure?

Yes, I will definitely attend one of the two interview dates. If you cannot attend one of the dates, Ohio State will be more than accommodating to schedule another interview time. Congratulations on your interviews! Best of Luck to you!

Hey guys, I submitted my supplemental but did not receive a confirmation, is that normal? Thank you in advance. Good luck to all those that are applying to this school, looks like a great program.

I was also invited to an interview in November but I had not turned in my supplemental app. I just submitted it this morning. I will be interviewing on the 17th for sure!

Hey guys, I submitted my supplemental but did not receive a confirmation, is that normal? Thank you in advance. Good luck to all those that are applying to this school, looks like a great program.

I did not receive a conformation either so I think it is normal. I reopened the supplemental online and it had a time stamp on the bottom right corner of the application with the date it was submitted. Hopefully this helps. Best of Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the supplemental and interview invites today. Will be interviewing Nov 30 or Dec 1!

Hey! I'm interviewing on Nov 16th...super excited! 1st choice! I had submitted my supplemental weeks before my interview invite, but they waited until my 3rd letter of reference was submitted until they contacted me about an interview. (which was about a couple weeks ago)

I heard that OSU was a bit behind in their admissions process from students that I talked to at some of my other interviews. Is the Nov 16/17 interview session their first one?

Does anyone know how long after OSU interviews that it usually takes to hear a response?

GPA: 3.7
PCAT Composite: 93
Pharm Tech Experience
Research Experience

Hey guys! I've been browsing this thread for a bit, and apparently it's common for people to be invited for interviews without having turned in their supplemental. I just got my PharmCAS application verified today. An hour later, Ohio State emailed me and said they'd send me their supplemental within two weeks. Then TWO MINUTES later, they sent me another emails and wanted to interview me. Is that common? They haven't even sent me their supplemental yet... I don't want to get my hopes up just in case they made a mistake. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Hey guys! I've been browsing this thread for a bit, and apparently it's common for people to be invited for interviews without having turned in their supplemental. I just got my PharmCAS application verified today. An hour later, Ohio State emailed me and said they'd send me their supplemental within two weeks. Then TWO MINUTES later, they sent me another emails and wanted to interview me. Is that common? They haven't even sent me their supplemental yet... I don't want to get my hopes up just in case they made a mistake. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

I do not think it is a mistake. Ohio State is known for choosing qualified applicants to interview based on standardized testing scores, GPA, etc. The supplemental is often only a formality. The email that invited you for an interview should have given instructions on how to schedule an interview. If you are interested in the university, I would call to schedule the interview and ask any questions to the admissions staff then. Best of Luck!

Thanks! Yeah, I called, and it wasn't a mistake! Interview on 12/15! Anyone else?

Hey, guys...I'm applying here for the fall, but I really don't know how good of a chance I have at even getting an interview. I have a 3.71 GPA but my PCAT was not superb..a 45. I know they said the minimum is a 50, but they still sent me a supplemental. I'm not sure if that's a good sign or if lots of people get supplementals. I've worked as a pharmacy technician for over a year, I'm the vice president of our pharmacy club, and I coach and volunteer. I just really want to get in!

Hey guys, I know it says on their website that you have to have a bachelor’s degree to apply. However, I still get the email to fill out the supplemental application (yeah i still send out my pharmCAS application to them) although I did not and will not get a degree? Is it a mistake of their system or anything?

Hi Foks,
How was your interview? What are the questions? Anyone else got invited for interview recently?

Last edited:
I was accepted to The Ohio State University! I just received an email today. To everyone else who has to interview, good luck!

I was accepted to The Ohio State University! I just received an email today. To everyone else who has to interview, good luck!

What day did you interview? I interviewed on the 17th.

Accepted!!!!!!!! I interviewed the 17th and I heard back yesterday morning. Good luck!! Let me know if you have any questions

Congratulations on your acceptance to OSU! I'm still waiting to hear back from the university. I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst at this point.

Congratulations on your acceptance to OSU! I'm still waiting to hear back from the university. I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst at this point.

What?! You have awesome stats! Did the interview not go well? :(

My interview went ok. I was literally the last person to interview of the day and my interviewers just wanted to leave. In any situation, I have offers from other schools, but I would have liked to attend OSU.

Last edited:
I was accepted over Thanksgiving Break and plan to attend OSU COP this fall! Good luck to those interviewing in December! From what I understand they only select you to interview if they are seriously interested in you as a candidate, so don't worry too much! I personally thought the interview was great and I got to meet a lot of my future classmates, so take the down time during the interview to chat to current and potential students! I highly suggest taking the optional tour if you can make it. It was a great opportunity to talk to a current student as well as get to know the other candidates.

Applying now:

GPA: 3.05
PCAT: 91% Composite
B.S. Biochemistry
M.S. Biology (GI Motility Disorders)

I've worked for 4 years in a research lab, published 4 times on pharmacological therapies for both stroke and GI motility disorders, specifically on tumors arising from Interstitial Cells of Cajal.

I need honest opinions on what my chances are on acceptance. Just submitted my supplementary application. Nerves are pretty shot after all this and OSU is my first choice by far.

sml5284: I think you have a good chance at getting accepted. It looks like the only thing you might lack is actual pharmacy work experience, but I think the MS degree will supplement your statistics and being published always helps since that makes you a good potential candidate for their combined PharmD/PhD program. Good luck!!

I submitted app in early October and have not heard anything back yet. Is anyone else in this same boat?

Interviewed on Dec. 15th, received notice of acceptance on the 18th. I loved the program and the faculty/ staff were great. It was the first time that I really had the opportunity to sit down and have a conversation with current students and other potential candidates. Good luck to everyone interviewing in January!

Interviewed on Dec. 15th, received notice of acceptance on the 18th. I loved the program and the faculty/ staff were great. It was the first time that I really had the opportunity to sit down and have a conversation with current students and other potential candidates. Good luck to everyone interviewing in January!
Same here!!! I love how efficient they are.

Guys, Im having problem on accessing my supplemental application. My interview is on Jan. 19th and I am still working on supp. When I tried to open it up, the website tells me it's not available. I called them but the guy whos in charge of the issue was not there.... I don't think there is a deadline for supp.? as long as I turn it in before interview right?

Thanks!!

Congratulations on your acceptance :) Did you get your official letter of admission/instructions on how to pay the acceptance fee yet?

The system updates itself like once a day so you should be able to complete it the morning after you recieve the invite.

good luck

Have you got your official letter of admission/instructions on how to pay the acceptance fee yet?
I received a letter a couple days later with a slip to mail along with my check. I wasn't aware there is an online system...

I received a letter a couple days later with a slip to mail along with my check. I wasn't aware there is an online system...
Ok...thanks. It's been about three weeks since I got the email saying I have been accepted but I haven't got my official letter yet. You interviewed on December 18th right? Anyone in the same boat?

Ok...thanks. It's been about three weeks since I got the email saying I have been accepted but I haven't got my official letter yet. You interviewed on December 18th right? Anyone in the same boat?
I interviewed on the 15th and was accepted the 18th. I received the official letter sometime before Christmas, and the deposit was due on 01/09. If you missed the letter, you should probably call them soon so you don't lose your spot.