2017 Ohio state pharm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on the 15th and was accepted the 18th. I received the official letter sometime before Christmas, and the deposit was due on 01/09. If you missed the letter, you should probably call them soon so you don't lose your spot.
Ok. Thanks a lot. You have been very helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

I have my interview tomorrow...where did you guys park?

I had my interview on January 19th and received an email yesterday saying my application is in holding. However, the email makes it sounds a lot like a wait list. Could anyone clarify what being on-hold means? Did anyone else receive this decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview on January 19th and received an email yesterday saying my application is in holding. However, the email makes it sounds a lot like a wait list. Could anyone clarify what being on-hold means? Did anyone else receive this decision?

Me too! I got the "hold" too. I am wondering if anyone interviewed on that day got accepted.

Me too! I got the "hold" too. I am wondering if anyone interviewed on that day got accepted.

I interviewed on the 18 - there were about 26 students. I just got an email that I was accepted yesterday evening which was a surprise if only because I heard they were shorthanded this week... maybe not.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using SDN Mobile

i interviewed on Jan. 19th and received an acceptance email last night :)

I didn't fill out my secondary, but got an interview request from Ohio State...I've heard it's a really great school....the only bad thing is the out of state tuition for me.

I didn't fill out my secondary, but got an interview request from Ohio State...I've heard it's a really great school....the only bad thing is the out of state tuition for me.

The nice thing about OSU is that you can apply for residency after living in Ohio for a year. They walk you through the whole process too. So the out of state is really only for the first year. They emphasized this on the interview day.

Did anyone who interviewed last weekend hear back yet?

How did the interview go for everyone? Mine is next week. Are there a lot of students that interview at once? I've been on three interviews so far, and the sizes varied from 40 in one day to only 9 students.

I'm just wondering if anybody who was placed "on-hold" found out about any admission decisions since then? I thought we were being re-evaluated at the next interview. So nervous!

As for the interview, it was the most laid back interview I've been on. My group had about 25 people, I think. They break you up into groups though so it runs pretty smoothly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on the 18th of Jan and heard back the following Monday. Just held my placement with the deposit and now waiting to matriculate in the Fall.

72 on the PCAT
3.67 GPA
BA of FIne Arts + two years work, volunteering experience

Hoping to hear back from fellow interviewees who were in the same group of 26. Excited to start with my cohort. Good good people.

interviewed feb 8th, flat out rejected feb 19th. 90 PCAT and 3.4 GPA.

totally thought I would get accepted too =[ I went to a school that only gave out 17% A's per class so it was hard to have a high GPA . If only I took the easy community college route, id probably be in

totally thought I would get accepted too =[ I went to a school that only gave out 17% A's per class so it was hard to have a high GPA . If only I took the easy community college route, id probably be in

sorry to hear. are you still in school? working exp? volunteering? pharm tech?

I have my bachelors but I am taking an anatomy prereq at a community college right now because my four year school didn't offer it. no pharm experience besides minor mnor shadowing. I got my tech license, just haven't been able to find work in my area

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get in. I hope it wasn't, as you suggested, because of a couple tenths of a point on your gpa. A 90 pcat and 3.4, looks really good, but my guess is the selection isn't completely based on stats. Being fair to those who were accepted, going the CC route for a better gpa probably would not have made a difference. And what's this 17 percent A rule, at your school? Seems odd.

Maybe I blew the interview...I was on four hours of sleep because my flight got delayed so i was probably speaking gibberish. Im also out of state.

My school was UC Irvine in California. They limited the amount of As they gave out to be competitive. For most bio and chem classes: The curve was approx 17-20% As, 30-35% Bs, 30-35% Cs, and 17-20% D/Fs. So for lab with 20 people approx 3 people got As. Everyone hated it. And thats why I think the community college route would have at least bump me up to a 3.5-3.6. I just wish there was a way I could have gently explained this during the interview.

Maybe I blew the interview...I was on four hours of sleep because my flight got delayed so i was probably speaking gibberish. Im also out of state.

My school was UC Irvine in California. They limited the amount of As they gave out to be competitive. For most bio and chem classes: The curve was approx 17-20% As, 30-35% Bs, 30-35% Cs, and 17-20% D/Fs. So for lab with 20 people approx 3 people got As. Everyone hated it. And thats why I think the community college route would have at least bump me up to a 3.5-3.6. I just wish there was a way I could have gently explained this during the interview.

With your stats, you should have other interviews, I assume? Mine are 91 PCAT, 3.3 GPA, with research exp/publications, minor pharm exp. I was invited to interviewed at 9 places. Got into 8 of them. I am taking speech and micro-econ in my local CC for pre-reqs, don't think the grade will matter now. I'm sure other places will appreciate you.

Last edited:

Just about all of your science classes in any university will have about that same percentage getting A's. They can't give everyone A's because then everyone would complain about grade inflation.

Has anyone who interviewed 2/23 heard anything back yet? I know they said two weeks, but everyone getting emails within five days makes me nervous :/ I thought the interview went really well.

Has anyone who interviewed 2/23 heard anything back yet? I know they said two weeks, but everyone getting emails within five days makes me nervous :/ I thought the interview went really well.
I interviewed that date and still haven't heard back. I'm kind of worried as well. I was really impressed with the school and the program so hopefully some good news comes soon. I thought the interview went well. My PCAT was strong, good science GPA, but limited pharmacy experience.

Last edited:
Thank you for replying, I was worried other people were trying not to break the bad news. I know someone who attends OSU and she said that they had midterms this week so the professors were probably busy with grading. OSU is my number one school so I'm praying that's the circumstance because like you said, my stats are competitive and my interview went so nicely.

Did anybody else get waitlisted? Does anyone know more about the waitlist (# of people, when we hear by, etc)?

Yes, I got waitlisted too. I called Annie at the beginning of March and she said about 34 people were on the waitlist and that they usually don't start notifying people until mid/end of July, but could as late as a day before orientation. I would recommend calling if you're concerned, she can give you an estimate of where you stand in the waitlist and she's super nice and helpful.

Not true. My GPA was lower and I got in. Your interview holds quite a bit of weight, the only chance they have to put a person to the stats they see on paper.