2017 QE Pass Rate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newenglander

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just noticed the pass rate for this year's QE was 90%! Congrats to everyone who rocked it! I am glad to see this. Do you think this is more a change in mindset with the ABS? Curious what others on this forum think...

General Surgery Exam Pass Rates | American Board of Surgery

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh snap. The bar has been set. Congrats and good luck in preparation for the CE.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guess the proctors will just have to step it up for CE to fail enough of you guys to keep the overall pass right on par >;)

happy to share in this success, but would echo CTFellowMD comments. Worried that it will be made up for on the CE

Our class was just the smartest class of surgeons ever...

That certainly could be the case too, LOL. Not sure how the ABS would "make up for it," though an interesting comment from CTFellowMD...even with the wink

kindof surprised at the paranoia in the last few posts... what would the ABS do? tell examiners to be harder on the CE? a pass is a pass, they don't aim for a specific number year over year

Pass is a pass. Rates vary from year to year. The CE will be exactly the same as it would have been with a lower QE pass rate...the whole process is extremely standardized and regulated.

Nice work everybody!

kindof surprised at the paranoia in the last few posts... what would the ABS do? tell examiners to be harder on the CE? a pass is a pass, they don't aim for a specific number year over year

My comment was clearly not serious... how many winky faces do I have to put to convey that? 3? 4? 5 winks and a poop emoji? Discuss.

Reactions: 2 users