2017 UCSF pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does any one know if they overshoot the amount of acceptances ?I don't think it makes sense to because they keep consist amount of 122 students each year, but it is possible.

Members don't see this ad.

I am about to decline my offer- I hope it opens up a spot for one of you waitlisters! Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was more than 10 spots down on the wait list and was offered admission today! I have two days to decide...I still can believe it happened, let alone so quickly. The only thing preventing me from saying yes is the living situation. The city was kind of overwhelming when I was there for the interview. Any current students from small towns? Is it a tough transition?

please help!!! I desperately want to get into my first choice UCSF . I have avg. GPA but hear UCSF looks at entire app. Given my extracurriculars, is this enough for UCSF to overlook the avg. GPA and consider me a candidate? Should I apply under early decision? Please be real in your responses, I can handle it. (applying fall 2015)
  • Undergrad: UCI (BS in Public Health Sciences)
Overall | Last Year
cGPA: 3.28 | cGPA: 3.75
sGPA: 3.0 | sGPA: 3.75
  • Experiene: (Pharm)
-8 months associate at an independent pharmacy
-10 day medical mission (lead pharmaceutical volunteer)
-20 hours shadowing pharmacist
  • Other:
-4 years administrative work at primary care office
-6 months intern at optometry office
- Lead coordinator of youth group
-2 years pre-pharm society (club)
-1 years genetic divergence lab research
PS: Strong--(details personal growth, leadership potential, and personal experiences w/in field.)
--anything UCSF is specifically looking for/I should stress?
LoR: (1) Pharmacist (9.5/10). (2) research professor (average) . (3) speech professor (good). clergey (average-good)
------Do I need to include specific prof. (ie. science/ math)? Does the research LoR make up for it?
Interview: If I get it, I will nail it

Can anyone who is familiar with the interview process give some advice? Maybe how I should prepare, or what I should beware or?