2018-2019 Marquette Pre-Dental Post-Baccalaureate Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blcopp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in this program now and successfully got accepted to Marquette School of Dentistry December 1st. Marquette is not telling me to recruit people or anything, this post is simply me wanting to get the word out because I really enjoyed the program and I benefited from it.

They just started the program this spring (May 2017) so I was in the inaugural class. It is a year long program that goes from May-May and you apply to dental school while you are in the program. Marquette is really excited and serious about this program so if you are looking for a predental focused post bacc I would recommend looking into it! It is mostly upper level science courses with a couple of dental related courses.

It is a challenging program. In the fall we take 6-7 classes and although it is only 15 credits, it is tough to do well, BUT definitely doable. It is generally for people who have a lower end GPA (around a 3.0) that kind of want to “prove” they can handle a difficult program and high courseload.

I am not sure how specific I can get with how many people got interviews/accepted/etc but I will say that over half of my class of 12 people got accepted. I don’t think Marquette Dental School has a set number of people they want to accept from this program, instead they just simply accept people based off how good of a candidate they are. The people that got accepted had really good GPAs and interviewed well.

If anyone has questions, post them here! The deadline to apply is April 15th:

Biomedical Sciences Pre-Dental Post-Baccalaureate Program (BMPD) // Biomedical Sciences // Marquette University

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the post...on the website, it states since its a non-degree program, federal aid is not available; so if you dont mind sharing, how did you go about funding this program?

Hi, I am interested in applying to this program, can we talk more in a private message. It is not letting me send you a message

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the post...on the website, it states since its a non-degree program, federal aid is not available; so if you dont mind sharing, how did you go about funding this program?

Borrowed money from my parents. Yeah it sucks it isn’t funded. I am not sure how the others got their money.

Hello,

I saw your post about Marquette's post bacc biomedical program. I am very interested in applying for it next February. I was just curious if you could share your stats for getting into the program, if there was an interview, if so what types of things did they ask?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Hello,

I saw your post about Marquette's post bacc biomedical program. I am very interested in applying for it next February. I was just curious if you could share your stats for getting into the program, if there was an interview, if so what types of things did they ask?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

My stats going into the program: 3.0 gpa, 3.2 science, DAT 21AA. Yes there was a phone interview. They asked pretty general questions like why do you want to do this program, etc. Nothing out of the blue. I don’t want to get into specific questions because I pretty much forgot what they asked me, and out of respect for the school.

Last edited:
blcopp, your posts on this program really helped me, I applied and have an interview coming up. Could you share your interview experience, questions, overall experience etc. Really want to be prepared as interviewing is not my strong suit. I appreciate your help and time and hope to hear from you. I tried to PM you, don't know how, if you can PM me that would be awesome.. thanks again

Have all interviews gone out already? I still unfortunately haven’t heard anything.

Have all interviews gone out already? I still unfortunately haven’t heard anything.

Unfortunately I don’t know. I don’t think they all go out at once, but I could be wrong.

blcopp, your posts on this program really helped me, I applied and have an interview coming up. Could you share your interview experience, questions, overall experience etc. Really want to be prepared as interviewing is not my strong suit. I appreciate your help and time and hope to hear from you. I tried to PM you, don't know how, if you can PM me that would be awesome.. thanks again

For some reason in my settings I had personal messages turned off, so you should be able to PM me now. If you still can’t, tell me and i’ll try to figure out the problem.

The interview was pretty normal and straight forward. I can’t go into any specific questions, but a piece of advice is to make sure you let your enthusiasm show. Sometimes with phone interviews (that’s what I had, now sure what the situation is now) it’s easy to sound unenthusiastic because you’re talking to someone over a phone. If you are truly interested and excited for this program, show it in your voice, because unlike an in-person interview, you cannot show it through body language. The people who interview you are really nice, awesome faculty.

Thank you so much blcopp...I really appreciate your response

I recently interviewed for this program (last week in fact), how long after your interview did you get acceptance?

I recently interviewed for this program (last week in fact), how long after your interview did you get acceptance?

Like a week and a half I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting to hear back and not feeling very optimistic. Has anyone else heard anything?

I'm still waiting to hear back and not feeling very optimistic. Has anyone else heard anything?
If it makes you feel any better, I interviewed three weeks ago and haven't heard anything either :dead:

I interviewed beginning of March and haven’t heard anything as well. So don’t worry, we are all waiting.

I interviewed beginning of March and haven’t heard anything as well. So don’t worry, we are all waiting.
That makes me feel better too haha I felt pretty confident that I was a good fit for the program, it's just all the waiting is playing tricks on my mind

That makes me feel better too haha I felt pretty confident that I was a good fit for the program, it's just all the waiting is playing tricks on my mind

Well I didn't even interview yet, so at least you both have interviewed! Does anyone know if they're still going to be doing more interviews?

Well I didn't even interview yet, so at least you both have interviewed! Does anyone know if they're still going to be doing more interviews?
I hope you got an interview since you last posted! I actually just talked to Dr. Maloney today and she said that decisions would be sent out this next week so for those of you waiting like me, hopefully good news will be coming our way!!

I hope you got an interview since you last posted! I actually just talked to Dr. Maloney today and she said that decisions would be sent out this next week so for those of you waiting like me, hopefully good news will be coming our way!!
Omg thanks for letting us know, any info/hope is appreciated right now. Good luck !!!

Anyone hear back? I got waitlisted, fingers crossed though!

I heard only 7 out of 12 people got accepted and 5 have been waitlisted for a while. Is that true? Does anyone know if this changed?