Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in this program now and successfully got accepted to Marquette School of Dentistry December 1st. Marquette is not telling me to recruit people or anything, this post is simply me wanting to get the word out because I really enjoyed the program and I benefited from it.
They just started the program this spring (May 2017) so I was in the inaugural class. It is a year long program that goes from May-May and you apply to dental school while you are in the program. Marquette is really excited and serious about this program so if you are looking for a predental focused post bacc I would recommend looking into it! It is mostly upper level science courses with a couple of dental related courses.
It is a challenging program. In the fall we take 6-7 classes and although it is only 15 credits, it is tough to do well, BUT definitely doable. It is generally for people who have a lower end GPA (around a 3.0) that kind of want to “prove” they can handle a difficult program and high courseload.
I am not sure how specific I can get with how many people got interviews/accepted/etc but I will say that over half of my class of 12 people got accepted. I don’t think Marquette Dental School has a set number of people they want to accept from this program, instead they just simply accept people based off how good of a candidate they are. The people that got accepted had really good GPAs and interviewed well.
If anyone has questions, post them here! The deadline to apply is April 15th:
Biomedical Sciences Pre-Dental Post-Baccalaureate Program (BMPD) // Biomedical Sciences // Marquette University
They just started the program this spring (May 2017) so I was in the inaugural class. It is a year long program that goes from May-May and you apply to dental school while you are in the program. Marquette is really excited and serious about this program so if you are looking for a predental focused post bacc I would recommend looking into it! It is mostly upper level science courses with a couple of dental related courses.
It is a challenging program. In the fall we take 6-7 classes and although it is only 15 credits, it is tough to do well, BUT definitely doable. It is generally for people who have a lower end GPA (around a 3.0) that kind of want to “prove” they can handle a difficult program and high courseload.
I am not sure how specific I can get with how many people got interviews/accepted/etc but I will say that over half of my class of 12 people got accepted. I don’t think Marquette Dental School has a set number of people they want to accept from this program, instead they just simply accept people based off how good of a candidate they are. The people that got accepted had really good GPAs and interviewed well.
If anyone has questions, post them here! The deadline to apply is April 15th:
Biomedical Sciences Pre-Dental Post-Baccalaureate Program (BMPD) // Biomedical Sciences // Marquette University
Last edited: