2018-2019 PTCAS essay

Started by ODJPCT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ODJPCT

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on the new PTCAS essay. “Describe a meaningful experience in your life. Reflect on how that experience influenced your personal growth, such as your attitudes and perceptions”.

It’s very open-ended. Any tips/thoughts/comments on this essay?
 
Overall as a reapplicant, I like this prompt better because it presents an interesting opportunity that might otherwise not be available to me to share certain details of my narrative.
 
Just curious how everyone is seeing this? I see it opens July 5th. Either way, if this essay prompt is correct thank you so much for posting it!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on the new PTCAS essay. “Describe a meaningful experience in your life. Reflect on how that experience influenced your personal growth, such as your attitudes and perceptions”.

It’s very open-ended. Any tips/thoughts/comments on this essay?
Sounds like you can pretty much write about anything you want.
 
I would write about an event which resulted in you developing characteristics or views which will allow you to become a more well rounded and better PT. This way you can show how the event in your life changed you and how you can learn and use the experience in relationship to physical therapy.
 
I edit PT application essays, and so far the biggest thing I'm seeing is people writing great things about meaningful experiences, but neglecting to tie everything back into physical therapy and how the experience will make them a great physical therapist/physical therapy student.
 
I've always been told that you should highlight what you can do for the organization when interviewing. Not what they can do for you. This holds true in PTCAS essay writing I would assume.