Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

2018-2019 PTCAS essay

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by ODJPCT, Jun 4, 2018.

1. ODJPCT

Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on the new PTCAS essay. “Describe a meaningful experience in your life. Reflect on how that experience influenced your personal growth, such as your attitudes and perceptions”.

It’s very open-ended. Any tips/thoughts/comments on this essay?

2. ACPTWannabe

Overall as a reapplicant, I like this prompt better because it presents an interesting opportunity that might otherwise not be available to me to share certain details of my narrative.

3. Ham-ped

DPT / OTD
    Just curious how everyone is seeing this? I see it opens July 5th. Either way, if this essay prompt is correct thank you so much for posting it!

4. ACPTWannabe

We are getting the information from the pre-healh advisors.

5. MBPB

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Sounds like you can pretty much write about anything you want.

6. cmquin12

cmquin12 SPT
    2+ Year Member

Physical Therapy Student
    I would write about an event which resulted in you developing characteristics or views which will allow you to become a more well rounded and better PT. This way you can show how the event in your life changed you and how you can learn and use the experience in relationship to physical therapy.

7. JMarcusDPT

JMarcusDPT Jasmine Marcus, PT DPT
    Bronze Donor Verified Account 5+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    I edit PT application essays, and so far the biggest thing I'm seeing is people writing great things about meaningful experiences, but neglecting to tie everything back into physical therapy and how the experience will make them a great physical therapist/physical therapy student.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    tmarie18 and One Punch Man like this.
  8. MBPB

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I've always been told that you should highlight what you can do for the organization when interviewing. Not what they can do for you. This holds true in PTCAS essay writing I would assume.