2018 NIDDK Medical Student Research Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedStudent21_

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Anyone apply for the NIDDK Medical Student Research Program or Vanderbilt SRTP? :) I know it's still early on, but just thought it'd be a good idea to start talking about it!

Best of luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, from reading one of the past threads, one specific site (not too sure of which one); but there were 600 applications with 90 acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, from reading one of the past threads, one specific site (not too sure of which one); but there were 600 applications with 90 acceptances.
Is this total? Damn that's kind of low, I'm hoping the fact that I went to undergrad at the same institution I applied to helps, but I'm sure they favor their own med students :unsure:

Is this total? Damn that's kind of low, I'm hoping the fact that I went to undergrad at the same institution I applied to helps, but I'm sure they favor their own med students :unsure:

I’m not too sure to be honest, but I hope it’s only specific to that site not overall :( best of luck!

Last edited:
I did as well! I applied to Columbia and Vanderbilt for NIDDK. Where'd everyone else apply to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard a response from any of the NIDDK programs yet, from any of the campuses??

Has anyone heard a response from any of the NIDDK programs yet, from any of the campuses??

I was accepted last week. The email said they had over 600 applications for a total of 85 spots.

Before anyone asks, I'm not going to say where I was accepted just for the sake of anonymity.

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted last week. The email said they had over 600 applications for a total of 85 spots.

Before anyone asks, I'm not going to say where I was accepted just for the sake of anonymity.
Wow congrats! Looking at past years it seems like most sites weren’t accepting people until March I wonder if they are doing it earlier this year

Edit: can I ask if it was one of the sites listed above lol

All good, totally understandable. Congrats to your acceptance and thanks for the stats! At least we know movement has started.

Anyone hear back from UCSF? I got an email earlier this week saying they will try to get back to us this week.