2018 **** The Official UMKC Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

shenqing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody UMKC??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing here. I emailed them just to make sure they had everything they needed, and Sarah Major said they did, but that was all. Lol.

UMKC recalculates GPA. If you took a 2013 summer course, be sure to have your school send a transcript directly to UMKC SOD admissions. Attach a cover letter to the transcript requesting UMKC to recalculate GPA, express your interest, etc.

This is especially helpful to Kansas residents trying for those very limited seats. It's a DAT & GPA numbers game to get an interview.

call, or email and mind stating if oos or instate? my friend wants to know. she's getting worried now

for those of you missouri residents who got interviews, mind me asking what your stats are?

Members don't see this ad :)
application was in aug 16. still havent heard anything yet

Anyone know if umkc is done w interviews? Wondering if I got one of those silent rejections?...

They are not done with interviews. They interview from September - beginning of November; only on Mondays. After their December 2nd decision day, they will have about 30 more interview spots available in January for MO residents only.

I was given about 3 weeks notice before my interview date. They did say that they plan to interview only 130 applicants for 109 spots.

They are not done with interviews. They interview from September - beginning of November; only on Mondays. After their December 2nd decision day, they will have about 30 more interview spots available in January for MO residents only.

I was given about 3 weeks notice before my interview date. They did say that they plan to interview only 130 applicants for 109 spots.

Thanks for the info! I haven't heard from umkc since completing the secondary, and the email said they will get back to applicants within 3 weeks I think, it's been longer than that, would it be safe to assume my application has been passed up? I'm OOS, too :(

That's weird that you filled out their secondary. I wasn't asked to fill one out until I got invited for the interview. If you don't get an invite within the next couple of weeks, I'd say that your application has been passed up. They were very organized and it sort of sounded like they already had filled up their pre-December spots.

You're right,
UMKC Online General Application and Application Fee of $35 <----I only did this part, not the "survey" sent to interviewees.

a little piece of me just died :(
i really wanted an interview, my stats is below their enrollees' and I am OOS, i attended UMKC undergrad for a year so I was hoping they would at least consider me. oh well~

Rejection via email today! It was a longggg shot given that I'm OOS and have less than mediocre stats, I tried!!!

Umkc is an amazing school, good luck friends :)

Rejection via email today! It was a longggg shot given that I'm OOS and have less than mediocre stats, I tried!!!

Umkc is an amazing school, good luck friends :)
Rejection for me too. I'm not all that heart broken, but it's the first hard rejection I've had.

Not yet.... I am on pins and needles!
Does anyone remember what time they said they were going to make calls. I remember them saying they won't update the AADSAS till like noon or something ridiculous.

Does anyone remember what time they said they were going to make calls. I remember them saying they won't update the AADSAS till like noon or something ridiculous.
I just got my call right now. It as Richie and Wes together, so EXCITED!

Sorry! Im a little late but I got the call last Monday from Wes and Richie right at 8 A.M. Accepted the offer today! Has anyone created a Facebook Group for our class yet??

Sorry! Im a little late but I got the call last Monday from Wes and Richie right at 8 A.M. Accepted the offer today! Has anyone created a Facebook Group for our class yet??
I do not think so!

I got accepted too & I haven't seen a group on Facebook yet!

hey i am accepted too! so i am still in undergrad now, what kind of grades do they need to see to keep my acceptance?

you need to maintain a C in all of the prerequisites though they strongly urge better

thanks man, i talked to Wes he mentioned that they will be reviewing my application again if i get C's. I have another question. In the ADEA guide to denta school's UMKC is a 40 month program is this true? I havent heard anything from them where they mention that.