May 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Prewriting question for the prompt: "Also, please explain any extended gaps in activity/employment in your post-graduate history." After graduating from undergrad, I took some more prereq requirements as a part-time, non-matriculated student (no degree). This isn't technically a gap in activity, so can I leave this question blank? I don't want to fill out unnecessary prompts and give them more things to read, lol.

Also, does anyone know if the character limits include spaces? Thank you!

Last edited:
About the Ads

perfect weather

2+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Prewriting question for the prompt: "Also, please explain any extended gaps in activity/employment in your post-graduate history." After graduating from undergrad, I took some more prereq requirements as a part-time, non-matriculated student (no degree). This isn't technically a gap in activity, so can I leave this question blank? I don't want to fill out unnecessary prompts and give them more things to read, lol.

In my opinion (which means nothing at all because I'm just another applicant), they just want to know what you did after graduating-- I don't think it's "unnecessary" if it adds to the overall picture of how you spent your time

someone else can correct me if I'm wrong!

Reactions: TurtleyReady4Med
May 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
In my opinion (which means nothing at all because I'm just another applicant), they just want to know what you did after graduating-- I don't think it's "unnecessary" if it adds to the overall picture of how you spent your time

Yeah, I was thinking of making it short and sweet. I might just call once secondaries come out and ask if they have a preference. Thanks for your input!

keelhaul

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical

I wouldn't call it a gap, but you could just put a couple sentences in explaining it to be on the safe side. And I'm not 100% sure but I think that most schools count spaces in the character limit, I've only come across like 1 that doesn't

TurtleyReady4Med

2+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical

^ agreed It can be succinct

FutureSurgical

5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
How should I approach the "Please explain any inconsistencies in your university, graduate, or professional school academic performance and/or MCAT scores" question? I took the MCAT twice. 498 two years ago and just got a 512. Plus my grades starting out in college were lackluster. I wanna write this without:
  1. Coming off as "pity me!"
  2. Seeming like I didn't learn from it
My AMCAS GPA is lower now despite making mostly A's/A-'s in upper level courses. So I'm not sure how to divulge this.

HighYieldOnly

premed killa -> killa docta?
Jun 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
How should I approach the "Please explain any inconsistencies in your university, graduate, or professional school academic performance and/or MCAT scores" question? I took the MCAT twice. 498 two years ago and just got a 512. Plus my grades starting out in college were lackluster. I wanna write this without:
  1. Coming off as "pity me!"
  2. Seeming like I didn't learn from it
My AMCAS GPA is lower now despite making mostly A's/A-'s in upper level courses. So I'm not sure how to divulge this.
Recognize your mistakes (i.e. show accountability), talk about what you did differently, show how you've grown.

About the Ads

keelhaul

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I applied here last year and it was the last secondary I received. They take a little longer than most schools

May 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
anyone who currently attends this school willing to share their experience? just came across this school but know very little about it other than what's posted online

Feb 17, 2019
Status
Non-Student
submitted

TurtleyReady4Med

2+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
anyone who currently attends this school willing to share their experience? just came across this school but know very little about it other than what's posted online
This goes to anyone, but feel free to PM me any questions. I am about to start second year.

Jul 31, 2018
Secondary received and submitted 7/12! OOS CA applicant

About the Ads

TurtleyReady4Med

2+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
They are probs being sent out during the weekday in batches

Jun 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical

Yes the character count includes spaces unfortunately

Reactions: lolhelp

HopefulMDNP

2+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2018
Status
Just received secondary.

About the Ads
Jul 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I just graduated this spring and haven't found a job would I need to explain this question?: Has your college or university, graduate or professional school attendance been interrupted for any reason? If yes, please explain. Also, please explain any extended gaps in activity/employment in your post-graduate history.

Jul 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone submit CASPer since completing this secondary? How long did it take for it to show that it was received on Albany's end?

TurtleyReady4Med

2+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I just graduated this spring and haven't found a job would I need to explain this question?: Has your college or university, graduate or professional school attendance been interrupted for any reason? If yes, please explain. Also, please explain any extended gaps in activity/employment in your post-graduate history.
Just say that. You have been busy post graduation completing job applications, volunteering, etc. The question is mainly to show that you have been busy and not having a gap in your resume.

ElloMellowYellow

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone else have zeroes for "total hours" under the experiences section?

Cornfed101

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2017
Status
Does anyone else have zeroes for "total hours" under the experiences section?
+1, I'm guessing it's not a big deal... or we will all be rejected. 50/50 shot

May 27, 2019
Status
What are you guys writing in the "Describe yourself" question, I feel like anything I say is already included in my primary/other parts of secondary lol

May 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Last school I’m waiting on. xP so ready to finish off secondaries season

Reactions: outtadisworld

HopefulMDNP

2+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2018
Status
Last school I’m waiting on. xP so ready to finish off secondaries season
Good for you, that's amazing!!