-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone know when we get results, and where to check (physcian portfolio?)? The abfm website mentioned Sep 18, but based off old threads they got it within a week. Also, how did people think of the difficulty?
It's a hyperlink that literally reads "certification examination" on the physician portfolio main page. When you click on that, if a result is ready (prelim or full) there will be a hyperlink called exam results.
I got my prelim pass/fail score within 3 days of taking my exam, but the examination booklet says to give 5-10 days or so... if you don't get a prelim score you gotta wait for the full results in Sept ish
Wasn't hard, don't take that as a reason not to study, but frankly it's not hard, so don't freak out either.
Took mine July 21st.
Never got an email notifying that my results are in. Just got anxious and started searching everywhere which lead me to the preliminary exam results tab in physician portfolio, which said results are pending review.
However...
It specifically says it's for the "Spring 2020 Family Medicine Certification Examination". And not 'Summer', which the date was changed to after COVID happened.
My question: is the preliminary result I'm seeing real? Or is it still referring to the APRIL examination that was postponed to JULY and the website just hasn't corrected itself yet? I hope that makes sense..
Never got an email notifying that my results are in. Just got anxious and started searching everywhere which lead me to the preliminary exam results tab in physician portfolio, which said results are pending review.
However...
It specifically says it's for the "Spring 2020 Family Medicine Certification Examination". And not 'Summer', which the date was changed to after COVID happened.
My question: is the preliminary result I'm seeing real? Or is it still referring to the APRIL examination that was postponed to JULY and the website just hasn't corrected itself yet? I hope that makes sense..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Took mine July 21st.
Never got an email notifying that my results are in. Just got anxious and started searching everywhere which lead me to the preliminary exam results tab in physician portfolio, which said results are pending review.
However...
It specifically says it's for the "Spring 2020 Family Medicine Certification Examination". And not 'Summer', which the date was changed to after COVID happened.
My question: is the preliminary result I'm seeing real? Or is it still referring to the APRIL examination that was postponed to JULY and the website just hasn't corrected itself yet? I hope that makes sense..
I don't know how to answer this question other than to tell you when I took my exam the exam results tab said pending review until one day it said preliminary pass. I think you may be reading too much into this. I didn't get an email either I just checked by myself. Based on older sdn/google posts on this subject this seems to be consistent with previous years. Those who didn't get a prelim result tended to pass anyway mostly so I wouldn't stress too much
Last edited:
For anyone taking the ABFM Certification or ITE exam - TrueLearn has a free online testing event (mock Family Medicine exam) next week. Sign up here: Family Medicine Prepathon Registration: August 13, 2020
1Astudent2020
New Member
I'm leaving a message for future ABFM test takers waiting on "pending review."
I had a "pending review," waited 6 weeks, and passed. I scored 420. Nothing to boast about, but it is still above the minimum passing score.
I know other people who got the same score and got the "preliminary pass" 4-5 days later.
The lesson: Don't freak out about the "pending review." I thought I did alright on the test and was surprised with the initial result. "Close to the minimum passing score" may not necessarily be that close. The bayesian score predictor was pretty accurate -- 420 was predicted at 5.93, with 460 at 7.94. There is limited to no curves on this test.
The conclusion: Trust yourself. Be calm. Do your best.
I had a "pending review," waited 6 weeks, and passed. I scored 420. Nothing to boast about, but it is still above the minimum passing score.
I know other people who got the same score and got the "preliminary pass" 4-5 days later.
The lesson: Don't freak out about the "pending review." I thought I did alright on the test and was surprised with the initial result. "Close to the minimum passing score" may not necessarily be that close. The bayesian score predictor was pretty accurate -- 420 was predicted at 5.93, with 460 at 7.94. There is limited to no curves on this test.
The conclusion: Trust yourself. Be calm. Do your best.
Was just wondering what sources you guys are using to study for the board exams?
Was just wondering what sources you guys are using to study for the board exams?
I reviewed my old ITE exams, as well as the older ITE exams on the ABFM website.
Wondering same thing.Anyone know what the mean score is for 2020 (thus far)?
If it is not published yet, can anyone comment on when this may be published?
Took it 2 weeks ago. Seemed a bit easy this year?
Was just wondering what sources you guys are using to study for the board exams?
I went to the AAFP review course in the spring before COVID and reviewed that stuff more recently. Also did the AAFP board review questions (which are either from old ITEs or provided by the same people that do the review course) and the last 3 years ITEs. The review questions and ITEs covered most of the material on the exam, except for a few curveball trivia questions, I think anyone would be fine just reviewing those.
Anyone get the fall 2020 ABFM certification exam results yet? Took my exam on 11/9
Took mine 11/9 as well. Nothing yet. My friend took her exam in August and got her prelim pass 3 days later. I'm thinking possibly today. In previous years the emails came out sometime in the afternoon.
Took mine 11/9 as well. Nothing yet. My friend took her exam in August and got her prelim pass 3 days later. I'm thinking possibly today. In previous years the emails came out sometime in the afternoon.
No results yet, guess I’ll have to wait till Monday
Took mine on 11/9 and also no results yet.
Just took mine today (11/14) not hoping for a repeat. I wanted to prep a little more but work was a little rough recently
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a pending review as a preliminary result today. My exam day was 11/9, so I think I have to wait until late December.
I got a pending review as a preliminary result today. My exam day was 11/9, so I think I have to wait until late December.
At least I’m not the only one pending review
11/14: original date canceled.
11/20: retake at different site.
11/25: email ➡️ Preliminary Pass
I started FM as an R2 in a tough ABFM residency after a super cushy TY year, thus spent two years way behind my peers (340 on R2 ITE).
In paranoia, I did a 4-week pass through UW ABFM, and at the last minute, printed/took/reviewed the 2020 ITE.
For future test takers, the moral is that even UW & ITEs can squeeze a preliminary pass outta my laggy ass.
Good luck to EVERY single one of you, my friends & colleagues!!! 🙂
11/20: retake at different site.
11/25: email ➡️ Preliminary Pass
I started FM as an R2 in a tough ABFM residency after a super cushy TY year, thus spent two years way behind my peers (340 on R2 ITE).
In paranoia, I did a 4-week pass through UW ABFM, and at the last minute, printed/took/reviewed the 2020 ITE.
For future test takers, the moral is that even UW & ITEs can squeeze a preliminary pass outta my laggy ass.
Good luck to EVERY single one of you, my friends & colleagues!!! 🙂
The exam results were posted today. I passed it with above average but I still got the results after 6 weeks. So don't feel bad if your results got delayed. Good luck everyone!
Broke 700. Little bit surprised. But obviously happy.