2020 grads and job contracts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slack3r

Sicker than your average
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any upcoming grads have their job offers pulled or contracts altered due to Covid? I suspect the cosmetic market will be in the toilet for the next 6 months at least, and I’ve noticed a decrease in recruiting emails from private equity groups lately too. Curious what everyone’s experience is.

Members don't see this ad.

This hasn't happened to me personally, but know a few people who have either had offers withdrawn and/or "postponed" indefinitely due to hiring freezes. Haven't heard of anyone who actually completed the full contract process who had their offer withdrawn though. I think unfortunately it's hard for everyone (academics, multi specialty group, private practice) to hire anyone new right now given the economic uncertainty (at least in outpatient practices like dermatology that rely heavily on procedures and, sometimes, cosmetic procedures to make money).

Reactions: 1 user
Knew a lot of postponed jobs in some other people and that's awful but hopefully this covid sitatuion will end so soon