2020 Pathology Residency Program Reviews / Insight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kathy_Geiss

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a thread aimed at aggregating information about pathology residency programs. In the age of COVID, we likely won't be traveling to interview and that makes it even more difficult to get a sense of a program.

I was inspired by a useful thread in a different specialty's forum. The quoted content below the dashed line is from a post by a user named Oedipa Mass. I have repurposed it here because I thought it was a good model.

Please feel free to send me information and I will post it for you without any identifiers so that you remain anonymous.

-------------(begin quoted content)----------

Hello all,

Due to popular demand, I am starting the annual interview review thread. Programs can change a lot year to year. I found these threads helpful when applying and when managing expectations prior to interviews so let's make something useful for next year's applicants!

If you would like to contribute but would like to remain anonymous, feel free to send the reviews to me and I will post them. Please note that I will not post anything wildly inappropriate or something that could dox another person so...come out guns blazing under your own name if you really feel it's necessary but consider professionalism before pulling the trigger.

Happy interviewing and may the odds ever be in your favor!

You can use the following format as a guideline. Please feel free to add any additional information you may find helpful!

1. Ease of Communication:
2. Accommodation & Food:
3. Interview Day (Schedule, Type of Interview, Unusual Questions, Experiences):
4. Program Overview:
5. Faculty Achievements & Involvement:
6. Location & Lifestyle:
7. Salary & Benefits:
8. Program Strengths:
9. Potential Weaknesses:
10. Overall Impression:

-------------- (end quoted text) -------

Anyway, I hope this catches on, and the only way it will is if you send me info about your program (or a program you interviewed at). Help me, pathology residents (and interviewees). You're my only hope.

Members don't see this ad.