2021-2022 application cycle help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BroccoliRabe

Reaction score
Hey! I was looking for some advice on how to go about applying potentially this cycle.

Some background info about me, I graduated undergrad with a 3.3 cGPA and sGPA, so I decided to go the SMP route. I finish in May. I took the mcat back in January of 2019 and did really bad, however I plan on retaking June 30th.

My plan was to wait until I received my retake score back (august 3rd) before submitting my primaries, but I don’t know if that’s the smartest thing to do. I was also thinking of submitting the amcas before my retake date to get verified, and then once I receive my score I’d send the rest of the primaries to the other schools I plan on applying to.

I was looking for any advice on my situation, thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Your best course of action is to submit your application as early as possible (May 27 this year) with your old MCAT score to a single throwaway school. This will allow your primary to enter the queue for grade verification, which can take quite a while. When you receive your second score--and IF you are pleased with it--then add more schools. This will allow your verified application to go to the rest of your schools as quickly as possible.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you have time to work on the application while preparing for MCAT? Have you taken any practice tests? Unless you are very confident of improving MCAT score I would say focus on the exam not the application.

Members don't see this ad :)
And prepare to apply to DO schools as well as MD.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have time to work on the application while preparing for MCAT? Have you taken any practice tests? Unless you are very confident of improving MCAT score I would say focus on the exam not the application.
I have been working on what I will be putting on my application so that I can just copy/paste what I want to add. The only thing I am waiting for is just transcripts! I have taken a few Blueprint practice tests which were significantly better than my official score 2 years ago thankfully! Thank you for the response!

Reactions: 1 user