2021-2022 NASS ISMM Fellowship Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MindtheGlottis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rather late than never! Here is the doc for this year's cycle: 2021-2022 NASS Fellowship Application Cycle.

Timeline document.

Create an account and accept terms and conditions of the match to be contacted with further info in July.

Last year - 41 positions, 69 applicants, and the match filled: New Interventional Spine & Musculoskeletal Medicine Fellowships

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting this together. I'll add my data in

Reactions: 1 user
FYI, rank lists open up July 14. Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any idea how we find out about the match on Wednesday? Do we get an email? Wish there was some more information out there so I could plan my day haha

LOL! Yeah right. I emailed NASS about it. They said they will work on improving their email communication, however still waiting to hear back about timing and how they'll notify us about the match

LOL! Yeah right. I emailed NASS about it. They said they will work on improving their email communication, however still waiting to hear back about timing and how they'll notify us about the match

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210727-143827_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210727-143827_Outlook.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 205
Thanks! Is this a confirmation you received? Or a follow up?

I'm not receiving any of the emails - so a bit concerned (unless no one received confirmation).

Thanks! Is this a confirmation you received? Or a follow up?

I'm not receiving any of the emails - so a bit concerned (unless no one received confirmation).
I emailed her this AM, and I think it was a reply back from her that we find out tomorrow at 12p EST via email.

Reactions: 1 user
Hope you all had good outcomes from today. I got some disappointing news, will hope for better luck in the pain match…

Dang, sorry to hear that. I feel very fortunate that I matched today. Did all the spots fill? There might be some open spots you could scramble in to

Congratulations Scottie Dog! The applicant pool seemed competitive so I'm sure you'll do great!

A couple went unmatched including iSpine (DePalma), Jordan Young Institute (Levi), and Alabama (Goodman). Not sure how I feel about those..

Unfortunately didn't match. I found a few interventional fellowships at private practices on AAPMR job board, but any idea on how to find others? I know there's plenty out there

Unfortunately didn't match. I found a few interventional fellowships at private practices on AAPMR job board, but any idea on how to find others? I know there's plenty out there
When I was making my list of programs to apply to, I would just google pain medicine fellowship + the state I was interested in OR interventional spine fellowship + the state I was interested in. Many of these places also have rolling admissions. Matched at my home institution so idk anything more than this. Hope this helps ya. I can PM you the places I did find, if you'd like.

Hey everyone. I imagine most of you are excited for the match tomorrow. I have an issue in the sense that all my interviews came from NASS and I didn't match unfortunately. Because I did not receive any interview invitations through ERAS (probably due to applying late) I didn't think to sign up for the NRMP. I just called them to see if I would still be able to see a list of unfilled programs and they said no. So I was hoping that one of y'all would be kind enough to send me or post any of the unfilled post match openings for pain after tomorrows match. I know its a big ask and in the end its my screw up but would greatly appreciate any help.

Last edited:
To update the tread, I did match into my #2 pain fellowship spot. For all future applicants, I'd recommend not discounting the competitiveness of NASS programs.

Reactions: 1 users