2021/2022 school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Edrice

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
xx

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's an awful lot of schools. I think your secondaries will suffer in quality and / or timeliness. Maybe cut it to 35-40.

I would drop UCR unless from that area. Same with Davis unless have some No Cal tie. OHSU, Arizona schools, and Nevada schools are not OOS friendly. Same for Utah and Minnesota, and WV, UConn, UNC. Stanford is probably an over-reach as is Univ of Chicago. You probably have a few too many on the bottom end you could remove --- MCAT 508 and below on your table. Suggest getting a copy of MSAR to help you build a more targeted list.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would drop UCR unless from that area. Same with Davis unless have some No Cal tie. OHSU, Arizona schools, and Nevada schools are not OOS friendly. Same for Utah and Minnesota, and WV, UConn, UNC. Stanford is probably an over-reach as is Univ of Chicago. You probably have a few too many on the bottom end you could remove --- MCAT 508 and below on your table. Suggest getting a copy of MSAR to help you build a more targeted list.
I’ve lived in riverside for nearly my entire life. Does a family member being a physician at UCD be considered a strong enough tie?

I did use MSAR for that list. I am being a bit generous with the OOS friendliness for west coast schools as I want to remain near CA. It’s also why I’m applying to Stanford (I really want to remain in CA)

thanks for the other suggestions!

oh and I’m not applying to all these schools. I’m trying to cut it down to 30-40. I don’t have the patience for this many secondaries.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure about your Davis tie but given your strong interest in staying in CA, I'd apply for sure. Good luck!