General 2021 PHI/CDC Fellowship Program

Started by Stara1535
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Stara1535

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All! Saw nobody has started a thread for the PHI/CDC fellowship application this year so I thought I would start one here 🙂 Feel free to share any application updates, questions or advice! I just graduated with my MPH in January and this is my first time applying. I'm really hoping for an overseas placement if selected. I applied in January, but have not heard anything back as of yet.
 
I got an email that I advanced to CDC mentored review!
Me too! But I haven't heard back about an interview yet. You?

Public health stats (since my signature is my failed MD cycle this round): Graduated from a top 5 MPH school in 2019. Peace Corps & AmeriCorps before that, both in health-related positions. Been working on COVID in Epi since May of last year (though my MPH concentration wasn't in Epi :shrug:)
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too! But I haven't heard back about an interview yet. You?

Public health stats (since my signature is my failed MD cycle this round): Graduated from a top 5 MPH school in 2019. Peace Corps & AmeriCorps before that, both in health-related positions. Been working on COVID in Epi since May of last year (though my MPH concentration wasn't in Epi :shrug:)
I've heard back from two interviews. Just had one today and another tomorrow.
 
That's amazing! So jealous. I've heard nothing, not even interview offers. Kind of makes sense, since I'm already working in Public Health (though not Global Public Health). How were your interviews offered? Did you get a phone call or an email?
They emailed me! It went good I think😬 I can never quite tell what interviewers are thinking lol. Don't give up if you haven't heard anything, I've heard that they sometimes have late interviews. I get the sense though they are looking for people with not a ton of experience so in a way you maybe over qualified