2022-2023 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilly_md

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you @doc.Junior for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 Drexel Secondary Essay Prompts:

1. If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. If you have not yet graduated, please discuss your current activities and engagements. We understand that it may have been difficult to obtain clinical or volunteer service experiences during the pandemic; therefore, be sure to discuss any traditional and /or nontraditional clinical exposures and volunteering experiences that you have done during this time. (no limit)

2. What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Are there any challenges over the last year that impacted your medical or non-medical service experiences? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application: (1000 words)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Secondary received!

1. If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. If you have not yet graduated, please discuss your current activities and engagements. We understand that it may have been difficult to obtain clinical or volunteer service experiences during the pandemic; therefore, be sure to discuss any traditional and /or nontraditional clinical exposures and volunteering experiences that you have done during this time. (no limit)

2. What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Are there any challenges over the last year that impacted your medical or non-medical service experiences? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application: (1000wds)

Does anyone know if Drexel might prioritize people interested in their West Reading campus? I do have an interest in that location, and I'm considering trying to mention that in my essay.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have a clue how to respond to the first open-ended question (with no limit!!) if you're NOT a recent grad? I've been taking post-bacc classes, but my undergrad degree is from 10+ yrs ago. Should I just assume they want to know what I've been doing since graduation?

So I am a bit confused. On the first one it mentions about how things might have gotten interrupted due to the pandemic, but then it goes on in the second bit to mention covid as well. Should I mention my covid essay in the top part or second part? I am an older non-trad so I have a lot of stuff to include in the first part as well as had quite a few things cut due to covid 19.
Also there is so much overlap with this and my primary, I feel like I am basically repeating my primary app. Is this super bad?

So just to clarify, the first question asks for two things: what you have been doing since you've graduated/current activities and what we did during the pandemic?

So just to clarify, the first question asks for two things: what you have been doing since you've graduated/current activities and what we did during the pandemic?
In my reading, I would say that "this time" refers to present day, meaning the prompt is reminding you to consider the different approaches one could take to clinical endeavors during the COVID-19 pandemic. I don't think it is a combination of both, but it certainly can be if you choose to do so.

any in-state peeps still waiting to receive the secondary invite?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Drexel might prioritize people interested in their West Reading campus? I do have an interest in that location, and I'm considering trying to mention that in my essay.
Only 40 out of the 300ish students get to go there. It's so highly desired that they have to do a lottery to decide who goes. I talked to a doc who works there a little more than a year ago, so things may have changed

In my reading, I would say that "this time" refers to present day, meaning the prompt is reminding you to consider the different approaches one could take to clinical endeavors during the COVID-19 pandemic. I don't think it is a combination of both, but it certainly can be if you choose to do so.
So we discuss other opportunities? I was able to do virtual shadowing (because traditional was **** all here in ca) but i plan on mentioning that in the second one. I just think that the 1st and 2nd prompts have some overlap but trying to keep some separation to prevent repeating info

Only 40 out of the 300ish students get to go there. It's so highly desired that they have to do a lottery to decide who goes. I talked to a doc who works there a little more than a year ago, so things may have changed
Incoming MS1 at WR campus here… most students put Philly as their first option. So those students who put WR first will almost definitely get that option. This may change as the campus becomes better established but for now, WR is not “highly desired”. I will say, it is a beautiful campus with a lot of potential. The building is brand new and the partnership with Reading Hospital definitely makes it desirable in my opinion. However, students still seem to want to be at the Philly campus.

Edit to say, I had this misconception and thought because only 40 students got accepted to WR, that it would be competitive and therefore I would definitely get assigned the Philly campus. This was not the case. Feel free to DM me for more information or if you have any questions!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
My status says CASPER scores not received, but they have been sent and received by all my other casper schools. Has anyone run into a similar issue?

Reactions: 1 users
My status says CASPER scores not received, but they have been sent and received by all my other casper schools. Has anyone run into a similar issue?
Just submitted and this is the case for me as well. Did you submit it today? Might take them a bit to get it all processed.

Just got an email saying everything is complete, CASPER scores received.

Wait for people who have graduated a bit ago or are non-trads, how do you enter what you have done without just repeating all your works/activities?! I graduated a while ago and I am wondering how detailed I should be, especially if I have mentioned the things in my activities section.

Wait for people who have graduated a bit ago or are non-trads, how do you enter what you have done without just repeating all your works/activities?! I graduated a while ago and I am wondering how detailed I should be, especially if I have mentioned the things in my activities section.
Also wondering about this - I graduated in 2020 but everything I've done since then has been stated in my application. The only thing not mentioned is kind of fluff so I'm not sure if they'd think we're just trying to fill space?

Still didn’t receive a secondary, OOS ☹️

Reactions: 2 users
I just elaborated on my activities. I mostly had anecdotes in my activities section on my primary app so I wrote descriptions of the work/activity for this prompt.

OOS secondary received yesterday and completed today. Are we supposed to upload a CV in the document upload tab?

Hi everyone, I have a couple questions:
- on the secondary application's first tab it asks for which letters of recommendation you'll be sending. I'm sending three individual letters through AMCAS but there's two options: "no more than four individual letters" and "Compilation letters from school letter service". Which one should I pick?
- under "academic history" tab it asks if you took a longer than usual break from school not including activities after graduation. I've been working/volunteering since graduation last year while applying last cycle, but didnt get in. Is this question more for people who haven't done anything since graduation? I'm a little confused. Thanks!

I'd think people would prefer to be in the city. Can you please comment on why they prefer Reading? Is it that the facilities are newer/better? Are there better faculty over there? Better rotations? Thanks.

If I haven't taken my casper exam yet, but already submitted secondary -- will they not read it until casper has been received?

OOS, secondary received 7/6. Submitted 6/6 and processed 7/5.

OOS secondary received and submitted today (7/8). I don't know why some of the schools, like Drexel, apparently haven't received my CASPER score when others have. Weird

OOS secondary received and submitted today (7/8). I don't know why some of the schools, like Drexel, apparently haven't received my CASPER score when others have. Weird

+1 OOS received and submitted, and also don't have CASPER received. I had to double-check if Drexel was on my list in Altus, and it was :(

+1, OOS, im sure the casper will come in soon tho

In regards to the bolded part of the Drexel prompt: "What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Are there any challenges over the last year that impacted your medical or non-medical service experiences? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application"

Are you guys putting your COVID impact essay? It would technically be the year before last year where all the experiences shut down like volunteering and stuff. What do you guys think?

In regards to the bolded part of the Drexel prompt: "What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Are there any challenges over the last year that impacted your medical or non-medical service experiences? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application"

Are you guys putting your COVID impact essay? It would technically be the year before last year where all the experiences shut down like volunteering and stuff. What do you guys think?
I feel like this is a pretty open-ended question based on the "You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application" part. At least that's how I understood it