2022-2023 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed Jan, Deferred April, Waitlisted on Wednesday. Didn’t receive the email directly though which is odd. Logged on to the application portal today and saw it there.

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed Jan, Deferred April, Waitlisted on Wednesday. Didn’t receive the email directly though which is odd. Logged on to the application portal today and saw it there.
Check your junk email, a lot of my Drexel emails were sent to my junk

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew from the WL. I hope this will help someone!

Reactions: 1 user
Deferred 5/16, waitlist 6/27. Will withdraw from waitlist now. Let it be know that I have committed to another school on CYMS so idk how much, if any, personal review and consideration they’re taking into advancing people in this process.

Reactions: 2 users
How much waitlist movement do you guys expect to happen? Does anyone know how “full” the current class is right now?

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the A email too! Interviewed early March. Waitlisted 6/13.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
congrats! did you guys send any updates after being waitlisted?
I sent a LOI before being waitlisted. And actually called them a couple days ago, which was literally just a last ditch effort before I needed to move to another school.

Just withdrew from the Philly campus. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
A today, interviewed mid march, WL 6/14. Actually kinda in a pickle rn hahaha

• Love
To Accepted I also go accepted last week. What are you going to do about housing?

Why are they taking so long to fix this waitlist fiasco?
It seems like they have begun to take people off the waitlist since last week, so they might be done with adding people to the WL and are now deciding on who to send an A to. Hopefully they send out more results soon to those of us on the WL

Just got the A 30 min ago!! was already prewriting some pretty good secondaries for next cycle but tossing those in the trash lol it aint over till its over !!

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations!!!!! Was just wondering if you two would be willing to share which campus you were assigned too and when you were put on hold?

Congratulations!!!!! Was just wondering if you two would be willing to share which campus you were assigned too and when you were put on hold?
I got philly campus, Interviewed 2/6, deferred sometime in april, WL like 2 weeks ago

I interviewed 2/20, Deferred 4/24, and WL 6/21. Sent a LOI and LOCI in March and May, respectively.
Edit: Also philly campus!!

Last edited:
Hey I am committing elsewhere (nearby wink wink), I love y'all, keep doing your thing, we are all going to be great doctors, go Phils, go Eagles, yabadabadoo

• Care
What is Drexel's CTE deadline this year, and is there usually any movement?

What is Drexel's CTE deadline this year, and is there usually any movement?
July 10th will be the CTE deadline. As far as movement goes, it honestly depends from year to year. Wishing those who are still on the WL the best of luck and hopefully we’ll see some more movement next week

any movements this week?
As far as I know, there has been no movement as of now. I’m expecting some movement to most likely take place tomorrow as people have reported receiving an A for the past couple of Wednesdays

• Care
Things seem awfully silent in terms of WL movement. Does this mean that the class has been filled at this point?

Things seem awfully silent in terms of WL movement. Does this mean that the class has been filled at this point?
I called this week and they said they haven’t filled their class yet and were still sending out acceptances but couldn’t give me additional info to how many spots they have

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
I called this week and they said they hadn’t filled their class yet and we’re still sending out acceptances but couldn’t give me additional info to how many spots they have
Thank you for sharing this! I am thinking that since the new cycle has begun, it has slowed them down with sending decisions as it is understandably hectic during this time of year. Just have to wait and see if there’s a lot of spots open or only a few🤞

Anymore waitlist movement or has the class been filled?
I called this week and they said the class hasn't been filled yet, but a few spots remaining :/
they also told me that there were a few acceptances this week (I guess people not on sdn)
considering myself as rejected at this point since I needed some closure to prepare for my next steps 🥲
but best of luck to all of us waiting!

This might be a long shot, but has there been any recent word from here regarding WL movement? Still holding onto the last thread of hope 🤞

This might be a long shot, but has there been any recent word from here regarding WL movement? Still holding onto the last thread of hope 🤞
I have been monitoring the Facebook for accepted students and there was only 2 or 3 new members over the past 1-2 weeks or so so I think they might be basically full by now. Of course they might pull a few more students but I wouldn't look for any significant waitlist movement. Onto the next application cycle! Its a long journey for us prospective med students but we'll all get there someday :) Appreciate your optimism throughout these past few months!

• Care
Safe assumption to say that ppl on WL aren’t accepted since orientation week is this week?

I received this email yesterday: "Orientation at Drexel University College of Medicine began on August 7, 2023 and our class is full. I am writing now to officially release you from consideration as a student entering in 2023. We recognize that your application has many strengths, and regret that we cannot offer you a place in our class."