2022-2023 Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes absolutely. Was just wondering if any other IS people having no luck w Fl schools.
+1, except I never went OOS and my stats are mid but I’ve gotten IIs to a bunch of other OOS public schools

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes absolutely. Was just wondering if any other IS people having no luck w Fl schools.
+1, got a post-II R from FAU all the way back in September and was waitlisted by UCF in October. Otherwise nothing but radio silence from every other MD program in-state.

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I the only one who went to UF for undergrad but has been ghosted so far? ;(

Reactions: 2 users
florida schools really went: no in state bias 4 u :3

Reactions: 5 users
Am I the only one who went to UF for undergrad but has been ghosted so far? ;(
Nope, have not heard anything from UF or any other Florida school. Far more love OOS 😬

II received on Thursday. Went to UF for undergrad and wasn’t expecting the call:)

II received on Thursday. Went to UF for undergrad and wasn’t expecting the call:)
Are they fully done with II now? From last years thread I saw that the last II were sent out by the end of Jan, so pleasantly surprised that they are still sending them out in late Feb.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they fully done with II now? From last years thread I saw that the last II were sent out by the end of Jan, so pleasantly surprised that they are still sending them out in late Feb.
Their website says they interview till late February so I’m surprised as well.

Does anyone know anything ab waitlist movement?
I heard they have some but not a lot and it probably won't be until April to May since the committee doesn't re-review until sometime in March

Pre II R. Nice letter stating they ran out of interview slots.
FL in-state applicant. I have only had 1 FL interview while 6 out of state. Very unusual.

Still waiting on my pre II R (from a UF graduate student who thought UF would consider them )

Also got the Pre-II R yesterday. IS, ORM, LM 76, complete early August.

Has anyone been able to contact the admissions office about waitlist movement? Not sure how receptive they are

Has anyone heard anything recently about Second Look Weekend? I know it's the 14th/15th but to my knowledge they haven't sent out a more detailed itinerary or anything like that beyond the form to RSVP a while back.

Has anyone received any communication regarding financial aid packages/when they’re coming out?

I just wanted to say congratulations everyone who received an acceptance here or other schools. If you’re waiting to hear back or getting ready to reapply, chin up, your time is coming and you should be proud of yourself for going through this process. I usually check in here just to see if anyone has questions but rotations took up my time this year😅. Im a current student here at UFCOM. So excited for your path as a med student and if you have questions please don’t hesitate to DM or ask here :)

Reactions: 3 users
Just an Fyi- Someone known to me studying in an average out of university (They completed 2nd year) applied for Premedical honors at UF (7 year program) and got in. He said there were only about 135 students for the 14 seats. He does not have to take MCAT and march straight to UF medical school. Basically a 10% acceptance rate. Lot of students were told getting through the PMS (PRe-medical honors) is impossible and did not apply making it very easy for others to get in.