2023-2024 cycle september submitters, is it silent for you too?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DopaBrain

Reaction score
I submitted all of my secondaries in September to 16 MD programs. Since then, I've received 4 pre-II R and silence since the time of submission from the remaining 12. Is this normal for late submitters? It's pretty late in the cycle, I expected just a bit more communication from med schools, at least 1 II :(

LM 67 (low mcat), and I'd say good EC (2,000+ hrs research, 2,000+ hrs clinical experience + shadowing, etc.), good LORs, ORM (MENA) IL resident. Update letters were sent to schools that accepted them (one in Nov, and one in Feb)
I'm waiting to hear back from CMU, Wayne, Loyola, UIC, Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Penn State, Tufts, Temple, Drexel, Albany, and MCW.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I am no expert in admissions, but am a September through October submitter. I have received 13 II's and 4 R's from schools, some of those II's from schools I completed in October. I would say your MCAT is holding you back.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted late August and early September, similar LM and heard back from a few schools on your list and a few top 20 schools. I think the consensus is that September is late, but not an application ender. Its a good idea to start reflecting on other reasons your app hasn't been well received.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I am no expert in admissions, but am a September through October submitter. I have received 13 II's and 4 R's from schools, some of those II's from schools I completed in October. I would say your MCAT is holding you back.
Whoa! Update us! :) Still hoping for good news for you then!

Submitted mid-late August, similar LM score, have a couple of As including T20. Def would reassess your app, but its not over until its over so hold on!