2023-2024 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3 II -> 3WL. I realize every school is different regarding WL movement, but what are the chances of one of these turning into an A?

Just my 2 cents, but I would say it’s a decent chance and to not give up hope just yet! The old saying is “interviews three, a doctor you’ll be,” though it may also be prudent to prep for reapplication if you can.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey y’all, when is WL movement typically? Is it after the CTE date?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s early but i don’t want to be anxious through this thread
You will get in, I believe!! By this time next year you will be stressing about exams and not this god forsaken application process!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 users
4 II IS and 1 R, 1 WL so far

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
2 WLs. I just really want my state school please. Probs already over

• Care
i’m in the same boat 🥲 waiting until may is torture
Same exact boat as you guys (5 WL) Manifesting positive energy that we will land exactly where we are supposed to. Good things will come!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
5 1/2 weeks until May everyone. Just gotta stay strong!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WL at UMN, UWisconsin.
Alr sent LOI to UMN, UWisconsin doesn't allow LOI's.
OOS for both of them. Wallahi I may be finished but I'm hoping...

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
WL at UMN, UWisconsin.
Alr sent LOI to UMN, UWisconsin doesn't allow LOI's.
OOS for both of them. Wallahi I may be finished but I'm hoping...
Inshallah, you will get in brother

Reactions: 3 users
3II->2WL, 1 pending (ghosted, maybe😭) I am trying to be delulu and positive,,, but also if you are starting to prep- to reapply, just know you are not alone! I am also in the same boat, trying to self motivate to get things done, even if it feels more difficult this time around. Especially, difficult because an A just feels so at reach and out of reach at the same time. Regardless, I motivate you not to give up on your dream. hopefully, our WL turn in to As, but in the meantime, prewrite them secondaries, and study for the mcat (again if you have to) I believe in us!

• Care
i’m curious if anyone here is planning NOT to reapply? this is my first cycle, but my MCAT expires this year and idk if i have it in me to retake it. idk what my backup plan would be though if i don’t go this route. what are people’s plans if they’re not reapplying?

• Care
1 II that turned into 1 WL :(. I visited one of the campuses shortly after being placed on the WL and loved it, so I hope I will get off the WL next month. When they invited me to visit the campus through email before I was put on the WL they accidentally said "Congratulations on your acceptance... we would like to invite you to tour blah blah...." They later corrected the mistake in an email but I had already seen the original email and was so sad after realizing it was a mistake. Really hope to experience deja vu next month and get a real acceptance lol. I sent a LOI and an alumni who I shadowed after submitting my application sent a LOR on my behalf, so I hope it all helps.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
1 II that turned into 1 WL :(. I visited one of the campuses shortly after being placed on the WL and loved it, so I hope I will get off the WL next month. When they invited me to visit the campus through email before I was put on the WL they accidentally said "Congratulations on your acceptance... we would like to invite you to tour blah blah...." They later corrected the mistake in an email but I had already seen the original email and was so sad after realizing it was a mistake. Really hope to experience deja vu next month and get a real acceptance lol. I sent a LOI and an alumni who I shadowed after submitting my application sent a LOR on my behalf, so I hope it all helps.
Yooo that's insane that they sent that email ngl...

2 ii -> 2 WL. both dont have movement until May. planning reapp until then. Best of luck everyone!

• Care
What is the proper steps for people on the waitlist if we have already sent a pre-decision letter of intent? do we just wait or is it beneficial to send any new updates? Waiting is fine but i am so nervous and dont have any idea of where I even am on the WL

Reactions: 1 user
What is the proper steps for people on the waitlist if we have already sent a pre-decision letter of intent? do we just wait or is it beneficial to send any new updates?
Nothing more is required.

Reactions: 1 users
2 II-> 1WL, 1 pending decision supposed to be either by this week or next week to hear back.

• Care
3 II --> 3 WL, the pain is real. It is what it is at this point, time to prepare for another cycle and prepare for the best.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
We will be closing our Recorded Video Interview survey soon! Let us know what your overall interviewing experience is like, and your input will help us advocate for future applicants and students!

Last year had 3 II —> 1 R and 2 WL. Got feedback and improved my skills then received 1 II —> WL from the SAME school. I’m realllly hoping for a better outcome this time. I’m so appreciative they decided to give another chance but really bummed that it’s so far led to the same result

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
My only II this cycle turned to an alternate list :( don't know if I should hold any hope...

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
My only II this cycle turned to an alternate list :( don't know if I should hold any hope...
Cautious optimism. Would recommend getting the reapplication process going if you've been continuing ECs this past year. Otherwise, may have to take a gap year or you can try applying DO/wider school list.

do most schools have all WL movement the week of and after April 30 and then its slow after? Confused how it works.

do most schools have all WL movement the week of and after April 30 and then its slow after? Confused how it works.
I think it depends on the school. But for most schools, yea, the majority of movement is May 1-7 and it slows down thereafter. Once June comes around, there are very few spots if at all left.

I think it depends on the school. But for most schools, yea, the majority of movement is May 1-7 and it slows down thereafter. Once June comes around, there are very few spots if at all left.
okay thank you!

4 waitlists, most likely a 5th incoming. is it common to not come off atleast 1?
Depends on the schools tbh. But common enough that it may be a good idea to think about starting the reapplication proces

One waitlist, one hold, and one defferment. Trying to stay hopeful but I'm transitioning into a reapplication mindset. Where are all your heads at?

One waitlist, one hold, and one defferment. Trying to stay hopeful but I'm transitioning into a reapplication mindset. Where are all your heads at?
very similar starting to prep for reapplication. I personally have started looking for new jobs or experiences to add to my resume. But still hoping and praying for good news.

very similar starting to prep for reapplication. I personally have started looking for new jobs or experiences to add to my resume. But still hoping and praying for good news.
Beginning to seek out research positions, as that's what I really lack. Biggest thing for me is to apply on time this year. I was delayed in a lot of my crap this cycle

I’ve already accepted I’ll probably have to reapply (though still have some remaining hope on this cycle lol). Gonna start with retaking Preview/Casper tbh, and trying to decide if I’ll rewrite my personal statement or not…

I’ve already accepted I’ll probably have to reapply (though still have some remaining hope on this cycle lol). Gonna start with retaking Preview/Casper tbh, and trying to decide if I’ll rewrite my personal statement or not…
r u retaking both? I am super unsure about retaking preview. I for sure will retake casper i just need to decide when

Gonna start with retaking Preview/Casper tbh, and trying to decide if I’ll rewrite my personal statement or not
You need to have a refreshed PS for the schools where you are a re-applicant anyway, so you do need to re-write.
Screeners are going to look at previous applications. An immediate re-application in which the PS is the same gives the wrong impression.

Last edited:
  • Wow
T-one month before we start seeing heavy waitlist movement :D

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I know it varies by school waitlist (eg. some schools take 3% of the people on their waitlist and others take 30%) but approximately how many waitlists do you guys think translates into one A?

I know it varies by school waitlist (eg. some schools take 3% of the people on their waitlist and others take 30%) but approximately how many waitlists do you guys think translates into one A?
I don't think anyone can really estimate that, but I would assume that the more WLs you are on, the higher your chances are of getting off of at least one of them.

Throwing more articles from our archive.

Throwing more articles from our archive.
What if we've already read of all of these:shy:

• Care
  • Haha