2023-2024 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bonehead11

Job’s not finished.
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured someone needed to get the ball rolling on this year's version of this thread!
4 II -> 4 WL here

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 17 users
3 waitlists so far, no acceptances

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
4 II -> 2 WL. Hoping at least one of the two remaining are As. I’m stressed lol

Update: 3 WL now.. waiting on 1

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Praying to the Medical school gods for all of us. 5 II...4 WL...0 A...I'm losing hair people.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
7 ii -> 3 WL, 2 R, 2 pending. I am trying to keep myself together but some days are just much worse than others . I wish everyone the best

• Care
6 II —> 1R 2WL 3 pending
I hope to the premed gods something works out because the wait is beyond unbearable :/

• Care
Hello friends! Sitting on 5 II, 1 WL, 4 pending and am trying to stay sane with all the uncertainty. We got this!

• Care
1R, 2 WL and 3 Pending, never been crossing my fingers this much 🤞🤞

• Care
Guys I’m so sad. It’s great seeing other people killing it on sdn and I love cheering them on but it also makes me upset that I’m not succeeding as well. I’m kind of losing hope

• Care
Reactions: 21 users
Guys I’m so sad. It’s great seeing other people killing it on sdn and I love cheering them on but it also makes me upset that I’m not succeeding as well. I’m kind of losing hope
Don't worry dude you go on here and see all these gods but I promise you if you get off this website and ask other premeds in real life how their cycle is going 99% are in the same boat as us - 1 or no As with several WL or 1 or 2 interviews and thinking about reapplying.

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry dude you go on here and see all these gods but I promise you if you get off this website and ask other premeds in real life how their cycle is going 99% are in the same boat as us - 1 or no As with several WL or 1 or 2 interviews and thinking about reapplying.

That’s makes me feel a bit better. Although 2 of my 3 friends that are applying this cycle are doing just as good as the sdn gods haha

That’s makes me feel a bit better. Although 2 of my 3 friends that are applying this cycle are doing just as good as the sdn gods haha
:/ Sorry dude Ig take it with a grain of salt bc I always tried to stay away from premeds

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted at 4/5 the schools I interviewed at. Anyone know what my chances are?

Last edited:
  • Care
Waitlisted at 4/5 the schools I interviewed at. Anyone know what my chances are?
I would hedge a bet that one of those WL will convert to an A… at least that’s what I keep telling myself! Wishing you luck!!

So far I have 4 II ->2 WL and 2 pending. The schools I am WL at supposedly have big waitlist movement so praying for the best

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
1 II --> 1 WL. Hopeful that I'll get off at Belmont though.

• Care
7 II --> 3 WL, 1 R, 3 pending. I have developed a severe addiction to my email from this process :rofl:

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Guys, I’m invested in all of our WLs. Please update if any convert to As so we can all cheer each other on!! It’s not over yet

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
10 IIs --> 6 WL, 2 post-II Rs, 1 pending, 1A (!) I'm so grateful for my 1 A but also really really am hoping to end up at one of my schools closer to my family and my partner :cryi:

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Guys we gon get the heck out of here and get some A's!

• Love
1 II —> 1 WL; I’m hoping for a miracle

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
3 II -> 3 WL, also hoping for a miracle

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
9 II, 1 post II rejection, 4 WL, 4 pending. The wait is a killer

• Care
5 II -> 4 WL and no information on the last 1 school

Trying to prepare for the next cycle but the hope of the WLs is ruining any motivation I have...

• Care
3 II -> 2 WL & 1 pending. It’s hard to stay positive while being on these waitlists

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Care
Coming from the world’s worst interviewer:
4 II -> 2 WL, 2 R :shrug:
Appreciate this thread, this process is excruciating.

• Care
  • Love
Woohoo received my 3rd WL today so now I'm 4 II -> 3WL, 1 pending. Let's make it 4 for 4 bc why tf not 😁👍🏻

• Care
  • Love
Woohoo received my 3rd WL today so now I'm 4 II -> 3WL, 1 pending. Let's make it 4 for 4 bc why tf not 😁👍🏻
Hopefully the pending will turn into an A 🙏🏼

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
3 II-> 3 WL. Down in the dumps friends😭

• Care
Joining the club, we've got this!
3 II -> 2WL & 1R

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
YOOOO MY 1 PENDING TURNED INTO AN ACCEPTANCE. 4 II -> 3 WL + 1 A

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 35 users
7 ii -> 4 WL, 1 pending, 2 rejections. When does hope become delusion . Praying everything works out.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if you can send a letter stating a school is your top choice if you’re on the waitlist even if you haven’t been accepted anywhere? Do schools care about seeing that? Would it hold any weight?

Anyone know if you can send a letter stating a school is your top choice if you’re on the waitlist even if you haven’t been accepted anywhere? Do schools care about seeing that? Would it hold any weight?
I would argue that would be when it most matters. Unfortunately, I've seen that LOIs usually aren't taken too seriously unless it's a school like Mayo

Reactions: 1 users
5 II -> 4 WL and no information on the last 1 school

Trying to prepare for the next cycle but the hope of the WLs is ruining any motivation I have...
This is 100% where I am at. Having an extremely hard time focusing on a re-application with 4 WL pending. Just trying to trust the process and not lose my mind completely

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I have WLs at Touro and Western (DO), as well as UCSD (MD), but no A's
1. Am I cooked?
2. I know I probably won't hear back from these schools until May at the earliest, but the idea of reapplying is dreadful. Anyone have any words of wisdom about preparing for a reapp while still waiting for waitlists?

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
trust.jpeg

• Love
WL at Touro CA, PNWU, and NEOMED. I don't think I have it in me to reapply since I'm nontrad and would have to retake the MCAT. All of these schools have high waitlist movement, but the possibility that I put in all the work and may end up with nothing anyway is killing my morale.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Definitely send a letter of intent I know for sure Pitt really like them!!

Reactions: 1 user