2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Research??? Community service?

I think your application is strong, and your list hits the usual geographic targets. Research will strengthen your chances at places like Columbia and Penn, maybe Pittsburgh.

Check your OOS stats though you have a decent chance if you can demonstrate your fit with their program (OSU, Minnesota, Iowa, Maryland, UConn). I saw you excluded UIC.

Research??? Community service?

I think your application is strong, and your list hits the usual geographic targets. Research will strengthen your chances at places like Columbia and Penn, maybe Pittsburgh.

Check your OOS stats though you have a decent chance if you can demonstrate your fit with their program (OSU, Minnesota, Iowa, Maryland, UConn). I saw you excluded UIC.
1 semester of plant pathology research but no publications. UIC only takes 2 OOS usually and none of them are from WI

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Videogames aren't usually accepted as hand-eye coordinating, unfortunately. Crocheting is good though. I'm not totally sold on the plastic surgeon, what's their connection to you and dentistry? You also can only have 4 letters, so one will have to be personally sent to every school that you want them to send to. AADSAS doesn't let you pick and choose!

Videogames aren't usually accepted as hand-eye coordinating, unfortunately. Crocheting is good though. I'm not totally sold on the plastic surgeon, what's their connection to you and dentistry? You also can only have 4 letters, so one will have to be personally sent to every school that you want them to send to. AADSAS doesn't let you pick and choose!
She is a craniofacial and reconstructive plastic surgeon and works closely with my orthodontist, and prosthodontist (both also specialize in craniofacial disorders). She's done many of my operations that an OMFS surgeon would have done: cleft repair, LeFort I, extractions, alveolar bone grafting, premaxillary debridement, LeFort I revision, etc. The four letters I have in the AADSAS portal are two from science profs, the gen dentist, and the plastic surgeon. The other letters are being sent to the schools directly due to their unique stipulations.

Is it alright that I say that I'm learning how to crochet. I wouldn't say I'm super good at it yet.

Otherwise, is my school list reasonable?

Last edited:
She is a craniofacial and reconstructive plastic surgeon and works closely with my orthodontist, and prosthodontist (both also specialize in craniofacial disorders). She's done many of my operations that an OMFS surgeon would have done: cleft repair, LeFort I, extractions, alveolar bone grafting, premaxillary debridement, LeFort I revision, etc. The four letters I have in the AADSAS portal are two from science profs, the gen dentist, and the plastic surgeon. The other letters are being sent to the schools directly due to their unique stipulations.

Is it alright that I say that I'm learning how to crochet. I wouldn't say I'm super good at it yet.

list is too long and too many privates
take off lecom and nova at least...

Yeah I gotcha. Everything makes sense. So go for it

My goal is 10-12 schools, and I rather be safe than sorry. NOVA is one I would actually really enjoy. Otherwise, I do appreciate the helpful feedback.
so many better choices if you want to apply to that many schools...

so many better choices if you want to apply to that many schools...
look into OOS publics that allows IS tuition after the first year...

look into OOS publics that allows IS tuition after the first year...
I've considered Stony Brook, UNLV, Rutgers, UCONN, OSU, and other schools like that, but I noticed they all accept low % OOS. I would prefer to be able to get IS tuition after the first year, but I feel like they are too picky. Outside doing well on the DAT, I feel like I'm pretty typical everywhere else. What do those schools tend to look for in applicants? Are connections to those school also important (cuz I really don't have family that lives elsewhere)?

What are some opinions about Roseman?

Last edited:
What are some other schools you guys would recommend that I apply to? I'm considering UCSF, Pitts, or Touro.

Last edited: