2023 NHSC Scholarship Application Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ClubbedPenguins

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

It looks like the NHSC scholarship application is now open for 2023. After reviewing the application, I was hoping to get some clarity on something.

Can I select that I am requesting funding for all four years and then change this later if the scholarship is awarded? Or am I locked in for all four years after selecting it on the app. I was also wondering if requesting funding for less time (let’s say two years) increases the likelihood of being awarded the scholarship.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
 
Last edited:
Hello everyone!

It looks like the NHSC scholarship application is now open for 2023. After reviewing the application, I was hoping to get some clarity on something.

Can I select that I am requesting funding for all four years and then change this later if the scholarship is awarded? Or am I locked in for all four years after selecting it on the app. I was also wondering if requesting funding for less time (let’s say two years) increases the likelihood of being awarded the scholarship.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Yes you can change it after the application. When you are selected as a finalist, you are asked to verify the amount of funding you want. You can change it then. But after that point, you are locked into a contract so there is no changing.

No, the amount of years on your application does not change (increase or decrease) your chances of getting the scholarship. All applications are treated the same.