20AA DAT but low GPA... am I fine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matatiaho

Reaction score
Applied super early to 15 schools; some private, some public. I took my DAT on March 4th and was happy with my scores, but I'm not so sure anymore as I delve into the depths of SDN... I finished with a 3.35gpa with basically the same science gpa. I received a 20AA after taking the DAT with this breakdown: 20AA, 19 Bio, 18 GC, 21 OC, 18 PAT, 18 QR, 23 RC, 19 Survey of the Natural Sciences

Any advice on what to do going forward? Am I fine?

Members don't see this ad.

With just these numbers I'd assume you will find a seat eventually hard to know without the rest of the application but yeah might just be waiting a bit for some interviews to come in!

As far as advice goes, get good grades in the fall, and keep shadowing send the schools an update when you finish the first semester of your final year assuming you are a Sr. still

Applied super early to 15 schools; some private, some public. I took my DAT on March 4th and was happy with my scores, but I'm not so sure anymore as I delve into the depths of SDN... I finished with a 3.35gpa with basically the same science gpa. I received a 20AA after taking the DAT with this breakdown: 20AA, 19 Bio, 18 GC, 21 OC, 18 PAT, 18 QR, 23 RC, 19 Survey of the Natural Sciences

Any advice on what to do going forward? Am I fine?
do a full WAMC template

Members don't see this ad :)
Depending on what shadowing, volunteering, and ECs you have, you'll most likely be fine. My best advice to you would be to stay off of SDN so you don't psych yourself out. Unless you're applying to Harvard, a 3.35 cgpa/sgpa isn't as low as you think.

Reactions: 1 user