22 Days Until Match!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PairODocs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yep, I'll probably be here a lot trying to get some free counseling and re-assurance. Anyone care to share how they are staying sane over the next 3 weeks? :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

PairODocs said:
Yep, I'll probably be here a lot trying to get some free counseling and re-assurance. Anyone care to share how they are staying sane over the next 3 weeks? :luck:

Hey you! I wanted to let you know that I will be in NC in July - Well, assuming I don't go down to #3. I reordered my rank list last night. I'm so glad I can't change it now, the worry is over for now. As far as staying sane - I'll be hitting the gym a lot! Lots of yoga :oops: !

Noelle said:
Hey you! I wanted to let you know that I will be in NC in July - Well, assuming I don't go down to #3. I reordered my rank list last night. I'm so glad I can't change it now, the worry is over for now. As far as staying sane - I'll be hitting the gym a lot! Lots of yoga :oops: !

Noelle, You decided against Children's Mercy? Any particular reason? NC is a great place to be too of course. I am so happy that it is out of my hands. Does your school open up envelopes and announce one by one in front of everyone like my school? I am going to be so sick on that day. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Southernpeds said:
Noelle, You decided against Children's Mercy? Any particular reason? NC is a great place to be too of course. I am so happy that it is out of my hands. Does your school open up envelopes and announce one by one in front of everyone like my school? I am going to be so sick on that day. :scared:

It came down to the fact that Children's Mercy is so busy. Under other personal circumstances I would go there in a heart beat but I'm a single mom of a soon to be teenager. I need time with him and I knew I would get more of that in NC. I loved my top three programs and I struggled with this decision for the last 3 weeks. I won't end up (most likely) at a free standing children's hospital but I have to consider my relationship with my child, first and foremost. I know that I'll get great training at my top three anyway. We have a big ceremony where you go up and open the envelope in front of everyone in the class and your family. Last year the local media was there!@#@$ UGH. I'm scared too. I'm going to make me son go up with me and have him open and read it! :D

PairODocs said:

I'm going to be banging my head on this here keyboard, experimenting with nutmeg, sneaking out of the hospital early to watch re-runs of the X-Files, pretending I'm a doctor, going to give a presentation on WHIM syndrome on Friday, shootin' cans in the b-yard with me hound, and waiting for my favorite grounds hogs to emerge from their winter slumber.

YEAH Noelle!!!!!!!!
That is the best news I have heard-- I can't wait to hear how it turns out!!!!!
I hate to be so selfish but I hope to goodness you end up with ME!!!!!! Either place I can hook you up with a real tour and housing options.

You have totally made my day!!!!!!!!!!

PairODocs said:
YEAH Noelle!!!!!!!!
That is the best news I have heard-- I can't wait to hear how it turns out!!!!!
I hate to be so selfish but I hope to goodness you end up with ME!!!!!! Either place I can hook you up with a real tour and housing options.

You have totally made my day!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad I could help!! I sent you a PM. I will definitely need a tour of either place and can't wait to see you when I get to go house hunting! I better not get ahead of myself, I'm not there yet!

kas23 said:
I'm going to be banging my head on this here keyboard, experimenting with nutmeg, sneaking out of the hospital early to watch re-runs of the X-Files, pretending I'm a doctor, going to give a presentation on WHIM syndrome on Friday, shootin' cans in the b-yard with me hound, and waiting for my favorite grounds hogs to emerge from their winter slumber.
For the love of God, man, don't do it. You will lose your mind. Speaking from experience.