• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Guru92

2+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2016
I just wanted to ask around what would other people do if they were in my shoes.

MDprodigy

10+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Do NBME 7 a week later, then UWSA closer to the exam. If I were you I wouldn't be worried. Just keep doing questions and focus on weak points

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Feb 24, 2016
I just wanted to ask around what would other people do if they were in my shoes.
Step 2 is pretty unpredictable. Where in Step 1, I would say NBME/UWSA are within 10 point plus or minus, I would say Step 2 NBME/UWSA are 20 points plus or minus.

I scored 20 points higher than my best NBME. I'm not saying that happens with everyone. I think it can go both ways. I was just very fortunate.

Reactions: Gymnast89
About the Ads

Rogersam5

7+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I would agree that there is no real good predictor for Step 2 like there is for Step 1. My NBME and Uworld practice exams were routinely 30-40 points lower (using their comparison chart) then my final CK score

Reactions: Gymnast89

Guru92

2+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2016
Ok everyone, thanks for the info. I guess there'll always have to be a risk taken. I'm taking step 2 before 1 so that's why I'm a bit unsure. My goal is 250+

I do not think I would NOT do another NBME, however. Would anyone recommend either NBME 4 or 7?

Guru92

2+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2016
So guys, I did NBME 4 as well and got 237. Not much improvement between the 2 scores, but almost 3 weeks of focused studying in between. Do you still stand by your suggestion of going through with it?

About the Ads