250k for AEGD - Foreign Trained - Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EVILDENTIST

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I’m foreign trained and just got accepted at a 2 year tuition based AEGD. With cost of living it’s gonna be in the 250k range for the 2 years. On graduating, I’d be able to get licensed in most of the North east, parts of the Midwest and some of the south ( West coast through reciprocity). As of now my skillset encompasses implants (full mouth, GBR, lifts - applying for ABOI part 1 next year), some experience with aligners and comfortable with most wizzies. Decent at molar endo. Would get IV certs through the program.

On the whole, does it sound like this is an okayish decision financially relative to comp as an associate once I’m done? Ideally would look to be super gp.

P.S ( Paying cash, don‘t qualify for fed loans. Have about 70k in grad school loans right now , no undergrad debt, no other financial commitments )

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Your skill set is way beyond that of an AEGD, they're meant for new grads. So from that perspective, it's not a great financial investment.

But to be blunt, since you're doing this for a US license, $250K is a good deal since it's less than what most American dental students pay.

Reactions: 6 users