26 years old - need grand enhancement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

firsttimer123

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys - I'm 26 years old and have been out of school for several years. My MCAT is a 506 and GPA is a 3.4 (3.3 Science). I have been trying to get into med school for the past few years and got no luck. I didn't even get one interview. I am interested in a SMP program near where I live (Chicago). What are my chances of getting accepted into a SMP and then med school if I do well in the program? In March too late to apply? I am very worried cause i have been trying to get into med school for so long now and I feel like my life is going by. thanks guys
 
Your GPA isn't low enough to justify attending an SMP program. Have you tried applying to DO programs?

I did this year but my apps were not considered since I didn't have a DO letter of reccomednation. I thought the same about my GPA but it seems as if it is on the low side. I am not an URM in fact I'm a ORM. By the way my science GPA is a 3.3.
 
I did this year but my apps were not considered since I didn't have a DO letter of reccomednation. I thought the same about my GPA but it seems as if it is on the low side. I am not an URM in fact I'm a ORM. By the way my science GPA is a 3.3.

Your GPA and MCAT are totally fine for DO, even as an ORM. Get a DO LoR and re-apply to DO schools (broadly). No SMP needed.