26P, 3.9GPA, good LOR's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

h2oskinuts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my MCAT score...26P :( Much lower than I was expecting but was wondering if/where people think I still might have a chance for MD. I am currently a Colorado resident and University of Colorado was my top choice, but not too sure about that now. Any advice on schools I may get an interview for with these stats?

Members don't see this ad.

You have a great GPA.

But, with a 26P MCAT, one's best chance at an MD school would generally be one's state schools. In your case, considering how selective UColorado is, unless your ECs are amazing, I'd say your best shot would be to repeat the MCAT or apply DO (where you'd have a very good chance).

With your 26, were any of the individual scores below an 8? From what I know (which admittedly isn't much :p) scores of 7 or below can certainly hurt the application. I would also double-check on the last date they take the MCAT scores. I believe it's September for most schools, but if there's a school that takes it later, you could consider retaking and seeing how things go.

If you do decide to retake, at my top choice they state that they expect most students to retake and won't even pay attention to the first score if it was significantly lower. Hope that helps :)