521, 4.0, 7 publications, good EC, only 2 II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

secure-delay-1314

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm worried that I have only received 2 II so far including one from my IS school. I applied to essentially all T30 schools and wondering why II are not coming in. I wonder if my application is not strong enough to receive an interview this early and maybe I should just wait a few months. Or should I apply to more schools? I submitted most of my secondaries at the end of July/early August in the 2 week deadline so maybe I'm just stressing for no reason.
  1. 4.0 GPA
  2. 521 (130/129/131/131) but 513 the first time
  3. Utah
  4. ORM
  5. Public University
  6. 2000+ clinical hours in a hospital as an endoscopy technician (including being on-call), at a nursing home, and enrolling patients into clinical research
  7. 1000+ hours of research, 7 publications (a couple were first author), presented at 2 international conferences, also interned for a summer at the NIH
  8. Shadowed a few doctors and NP's not a ton of hours
  9. Slightly below average on volunteering maybe 200 hours or so clinical and nonclinical
  10. Other extracurricular activities: significant leadership experience in equity, diversity, and inclusion as an intern in the President's Office at my university, leader in my school's undergraduate research office, sat on an IRB board for years and started an IRB lab, started a Bollywood dance team
  11. Not really any outstanding honors/awards
  12. Put a big emphasis on wanting to be a public health physician and deal with health inequities from my work in my school's equity, diversity, and inclusion office, strong LOR
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
200 nonclinical volunteering hours is an issue.

How many shadowing hours do you have?

Besides your state school, who else has extended an invitation?
Yeah, I'm going to get more hours and send update letters to schools if I haven't heard back by Novemberish, hopefully that'll mean something. I have like 50 hrs of shadowing. And I got an invitation at UCSD as an OOS