Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I just wanted to know which schools I should apply to based on my numbers. I need to pass that initial GPA and MCAT screening and have the schools read my personal statement to feel who I really am. Thanks for any advice!!
23, female, asian, CA resident, BS in neuro & physio from UCSD
MCAT: 10V 10B 7P M
bio GPA: 3.01
overall: 3.17
non science: 3.42
I also plan to apply as disadvantaged. Please let me know if you need more information to figure out where I stand. And yes, I plan to apply to DO schools as well.
THANKS! 🙂
I just wanted to know which schools I should apply to based on my numbers. I need to pass that initial GPA and MCAT screening and have the schools read my personal statement to feel who I really am. Thanks for any advice!!
23, female, asian, CA resident, BS in neuro & physio from UCSD
MCAT: 10V 10B 7P M
bio GPA: 3.01
overall: 3.17
non science: 3.42
I also plan to apply as disadvantaged. Please let me know if you need more information to figure out where I stand. And yes, I plan to apply to DO schools as well.
THANKS! 🙂
No, you don't sound like an ass! I am looking into some SMPs right now. I plan to retake the MCAT in September so I can apply in January. However, since SMPs do not change my undergrad GPA, my main fear is that med schools down the line will still opt out to look at me since my GPA is so low. So my biggest dilemma is: go into SMP in 09 and reapply in 09, or do a post bach, then SMP, then reapply? Or do an SMP in 09, reapply in 09, and if I don't get in I can do as post bach to raise my uGPA later on? I do get the consensus that with such a low GPA (even after post bach) I would still need an SMP. HAhha now you all see why I drive myself crazy with so many options!!! I just want to pick the right path.