Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

29m mcat, 3.9+ gpa, vs6...

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by hatemeifucan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. hatemeifucan

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I just want to get accepted anywhere at this point....
    Where should I apply? both D.O and M.D program,
    MCAT 29M 12PS, 11BS, 6VS. M
    GPA 3.94, Science 3.98, 4.0 major GPA
    Internship 5 months
    preceptor 2 semester
    volunteer 1 semester
    pharmacy tech 4 years

#1 hatemeifucan, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. BuffNerd

BuffNerd ____________

Pre-Medical
    Your GPA is very good and your overall MCAT score is good. A 6 in VR is killer though. You'll most likely get screened out a lot of places because of it. You could try to apply with it, but the chances would not be good. I think that you may need to retake and raise your VR score.
    If those are all of your EC's, you may look into boosting that area of your app as well.

3. music2doc

music2doc Student of Mad Doctoring
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    This. Even DO programs generally won't take a 6 on VR. I have a friend with a 12/6/12 and a 4.0 with amazing ECs and English as a second language. Most schools still said they wouldn't make any exceptions for the low VR. The only ones that didn't say "don't bother applying" were the high-ranking MD schools that basically never tell someone not to apply. The DO and lower end MD schools all said "don't bother" (without a retake).

4. leggo

Pre-Medical
    I don't think DO is possible at this point. No chance at MD right now. Your GPA is outstanding, but the 6VR will prob get you screened out, so you need to retake it.