29m mcat, 3.9+ gpa, vs6...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hatemeifucan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to get accepted anywhere at this point....
Where should I apply? both D.O and M.D program,
MCAT 29M 12PS, 11BS, 6VS. M
GPA 3.94, Science 3.98, 4.0 major GPA
Internship 5 months
preceptor 2 semester
volunteer 1 semester
pharmacy tech 4 years

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just want to get accepted anywhere at this point....
Where should I apply? both D.O and M.D program,
MCAT 29M 12PS, 11BS, 6VS. M
GPA 3.94, Science 3.98, 4.0 major GPA
Internship 5 months
preceptor 2 semester
volunteer 1 semester
pharmacy tech 4 years

Your GPA is very good and your overall MCAT score is good. A 6 in VR is killer though. You'll most likely get screened out a lot of places because of it. You could try to apply with it, but the chances would not be good. I think that you may need to retake and raise your VR score.
If those are all of your EC's, you may look into boosting that area of your app as well.

Your GPA is very good and your overall MCAT score is good. A 6 in VR is killer though. You'll most likely get screened out a lot of places because of it. You could try to apply with it, but the chances would not be good. I think that you may need to retake and raise your VR score.
If those are all of your EC's, you may look into boosting that area of your app as well.

This. Even DO programs generally won't take a 6 on VR. I have a friend with a 12/6/12 and a 4.0 with amazing ECs and English as a second language. Most schools still said they wouldn't make any exceptions for the low VR. The only ones that didn't say "don't bother applying" were the high-ranking MD schools that basically never tell someone not to apply. The DO and lower end MD schools all said "don't bother" (without a retake).

I don't think DO is possible at this point. No chance at MD right now. Your GPA is outstanding, but the 6VR will prob get you screened out, so you need to retake it.