2nd time applicant

Started by nkdeyes
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nkdeyes

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those of you who applied twice before being accepted into the program you wanted...what changes did you make the second time applying that you believe helped your application. did you guys just use the same essays as the first time applying and did the fact that it was ur second time applying come up in ur interviews?

thanks
 
It depends if you have a bac. degree yet. I did, so they recommended I get into a one year master's program. I did, and got accepted by the beginning of my second semester of master's program. Ask your school what they would recommend. They want to make sure you are serious. I just had to get a few more recommendation letters. I'm sure every school is different. Keep talking to them, and let them know you'll do what it takes. Don't give up, or they'll think they made the right decision not choosing you. Let them know you're not going away.