2nd time applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Homoochan

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
EDITed

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The only flaw in your application might be no shadowing, but you needn't have much to cover that expectation. Could you get in eight hours with two types of doctors each, before you submit?

Why didn't you get accepted last time, in your opinion?

I think I'd add maybe five more mid-selectivity schools similiar to Loyola. If you're not from CA, you might remove those schools.

I applied in October last year.. it was probably too late but I still applied but no luck..

Acutally, I'm from Canada but with US citizenship

So.. any suggestions on which schools I should remove or I should consider adding?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
It would help to know your state of residency. Throwing out random ideas may not be too helpful. I think you're a bit top heavy in your picks for your stats (Columbia, yale, Standford, Duke).

But maybe add Rosalind Franklin, St Louis U, Creighton, Tufts, Wake Forest, Ohio State.

It would help to know your state of residency. Throwing out random ideas may not be too helpful. I think you're a bit top heavy in your picks for your stats (Columbia, yale, Standford, Duke).

But maybe add Rosalind Franklin, St Louis U, Creighton, Tufts, Wake Forest, Ohio State.

Absolutely agree. Add these schools to round out the list and/or cut some of those reaches.

Thanks for the suggestions guys..

Are there any schools that I have NO CHANCE of getting in with my dismal stats?

Thanks for the suggestions guys..

Are there any schools that I have NO CHANCE of getting in with my dismal stats?

I wouldn't call your stats dismal-- a 3.6 and a 34 sounds good to me! A 3.6 is really close to the national average for matriculated medical students, and a 34 MCAT is above the average.

I'm sure some of the schools you list are reaches--but you should always include dream schools. I recommend adding some more mid-selectivity schools, and I'd also recommend applying to your state schools, if they aren't included. And if you aren't a CO resident, I agree it's probably not a good school to keep--as another poster pointed out, it's quite difficult for OOS applicants, and incredibly expensive (I think it's approx $80,000/year for an OOS applicant--ouch).

Your academic stats are not low. For top 10, ya, the GPA is on the lower side. I might apply to a few more safety schools, your state schools, etc., but other than that I think your gonna hear some good news this cycle

your gpa is fine, and your MCAT score is "fine" as well, neither are amazing though, but your EC's seem pretty darn strong.

whoa.. thanks guys.. I'll add some more safety schools..
:)