2nd year premed question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kd0105

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just starting my 2nd year (i'll be here for 5...so i got 4 before med school), but I tend to have times where I'm scared to death of med school, afraid i'll never get in, etc... Is all this normal?

I know i'm young, but I'm just wondering if maybe I could get some advice from older premed's on how to cope with that, and if with 27 hours outta 130-140 i only have a 3.0, am i screwed or do I still have a good shot at being competitive in the future for med school? Thanks

kd0105

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by kd0105
I'm just starting my 2nd year (i'll be here for 5...so i got 4 before med school), but I tend to have times where I'm scared to death of med school, afraid i'll never get in, etc... Is all this normal?

I know i'm young, but I'm just wondering if maybe I could get some advice from older premed's on how to cope with that, and if with 27 hours outta 130-140 i only have a 3.0, am i screwed or do I still have a good shot at being competitive in the future for med school? Thanks

kd0105

Well, the 3.0 was from your frosh year. Show improvement, and they'll chalk it up a little bit to youthful indescretion. ;) Although I hear that many schools care more about science GPA than overall?. And some places, MCAT scores can make up for grades...

-RA