kd0105

15+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I'm just starting my 2nd year (i'll be here for 5...so i got 4 before med school), but I tend to have times where I'm scared to death of med school, afraid i'll never get in, etc... Is all this normal?

I know i'm young, but I'm just wondering if maybe I could get some advice from older premed's on how to cope with that, and if with 27 hours outta 130-140 i only have a 3.0, am i screwed or do I still have a good shot at being competitive in the future for med school? Thanks

kd0105

Random Access

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by kd0105
I'm just starting my 2nd year (i'll be here for 5...so i got 4 before med school), but I tend to have times where I'm scared to death of med school, afraid i'll never get in, etc... Is all this normal?

I know i'm young, but I'm just wondering if maybe I could get some advice from older premed's on how to cope with that, and if with 27 hours outta 130-140 i only have a 3.0, am i screwed or do I still have a good shot at being competitive in the future for med school? Thanks

kd0105

Well, the 3.0 was from your frosh year. Show improvement, and they'll chalk it up a little bit to youthful indescretion. ;) Although I hear that many schools care more about science GPA than overall?. And some places, MCAT scores can make up for grades...

-RA

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads