3,19 undergraduate GPA, with an ongoing 4.0 as a post bacc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueScar

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated with a 3.19 GPA with a Biochemistry and Molecular biology major (total of about 120 credits). I did not bother applying to any school obviously, so I decided to do a Post bacc for 2 years. This was just a combination of retaking classes and taking upper level classes. I took 9 credit hours in my first semester (honors biochemistry 1, physics 2, and Cell biology), and got all A's. I am currently taking biochemistry 2, clinical biochemistry, physiopsychology, and a upper level health class, and I am set on getting all A's in these classes by the time the year ends. I am planning on doing my best the next year too.
I also do research with a PI, am going to start scribing this summer, and doing clinical volunteering at a clinic for the homeless as well. Do I have a chance of getting into any MD/ DO school by the end of these 2 years? I want to apply next year, with the following year after that as a full scribe.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I graduated with a 3.19 GPA with a Biochemistry and Molecular biology major (total of about 120 credits). I did not bother applying to any school obviously, so I decided to do a Post bacc for 2 years. This was just a combination of retaking classes and taking upper level classes. I took 9 credit hours in my first semester (honors biochemistry 1, physics 2, and Cell biology), and got all A's. I am currently taking biochemistry 2, clinical biochemistry, physiopsychology, and a upper level health class, and I am set on getting all A's in these classes by the time the year ends. I am planning on doing my best the next year too.
I also do research with a PI, am going to start scribing this summer, and doing clinical volunteering at a clinic for the homeless as well. Do I have a chance of getting into any MD/ DO school by the end of these 2 years? I want to apply next year, with the following year after that as a full scribe.

So far, so great!

So answer is yes

Do I have a chance of getting into any MD/ DO school by the end of these 2 years?
So far you are doing everything correctly. You're taking your time, acing your classes and participating in great extracurriculars (research, paid and unpaid clinical). You should try to squeak in at least 20-40 shadowing hours. If you do well on the MCAT you have an excellent chance. I applied with a 3.19/520 and got into a number of MD schools this cycle.

Keep it up!!! Lookin' great!