cumulative science GPA vs post-bacc GPA

Started by jt1143
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jt1143

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a current postbacc premed and would like to know that for applying to medical school (MD or DO), do schools place a heavier emphasis on cumulative science GPA, or do they look at the post-bacc GPA only? My issue is that I did a DIY post-bacc a few years ago, thinking I needed to redo classes, but did poorly because I was working too many hours. Currently taking evening science classes to raise GPA. Any info from successful applicants or advisors is greatly appreciated. thanks!
 
I'm a current postbacc premed and would like to know that for applying to medical school (MD or DO), do schools place a heavier emphasis on cumulative science GPA, or do they look at the post-bacc GPA only? My issue is that I did a DIY post-bacc a few years ago, thinking I needed to redo classes, but did poorly because I was working too many hours. Currently taking evening science classes to raise GPA. Any info from successful applicants or advisors is greatly appreciated. thanks!
School specific.

There are definitely schools that have so many high performing applicants that they won't give one the time of day if they have to take postback classes.

Then there are other schools that reward reinvention
 
School specific.

There are definitely schools that have so many high performing applicants that they won't give one the time of day if they have to take postback classes.

Then there are other schools that reward reinvention
Hi Goro,

Do you have a link to a previous list of schools that reward reinvention? You have probably passed it on many times, I just could not find it. I am looking for a list in order to start researching the schools and see what they are each looking for.

Thanks