DO 3.2/3.1/27 Disadvantaged

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joey94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

First time poster, long time lurker here on the SDForums. Just looking for someone to chance me when I apply.

3.2 cGPA
3.1 sGPA
27 mcat (8/10/9)

I have about 120+ hours of hospital volunteering, 100+ hours of local community volunteering, about 50 hours of doctor shadowing (1MD, 1DO). About 750+ hours of work as a certified nursing assistant (CNA). I will be applying as a disadvantaged applicant due to working full time and sending money home to my single-father and older brother. I guess in some ways, this "explains" my GPA numbers. Aside from those specifics, I have worked other jobs, held leadership positions in my EC activities and what not. Probably hurts me to say this from what I know lurking on SD, but I am Asian so I guess, or rather, "know" that I will have it harder when it comes to applying. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

sGPA is a tad low, but I think you'll be fine if you apply broadly.

Hey guys!

First time poster, long time lurker here on the SDForums. Just looking for someone to chance me when I apply.

3.2 cGPA
3.1 sGPA
27 mcat (8/10/9)

I have about 120+ hours of hospital volunteering, 100+ hours of local community volunteering, about 50 hours of doctor shadowing (1MD, 1DO). About 750+ hours of work as a certified nursing assistant (CNA). I will be applying as a disadvantaged applicant due to working full time and sending money home to my single-father and older brother. I guess in some ways, this "explains" my GPA numbers. Aside from those specifics, I have worked other jobs, held leadership positions in my EC activities and what not. Probably hurts me to say this from what I know lurking on SD, but I am Asian so I guess, or rather, "know" that I will have it harder when it comes to applying. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Reactions: 1 user