3.2/509/CA/non-URM. DO Reapplicant needs help improving list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Big Tall Doctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear SDN community, I thank you for taking the time to visit my post!
I am a DIY re-inventor who got pretty close last cycle as I recieved 2 interview invites and was placed on the waitlist by both programs. (KCU and NYIT-ARK)
Since sending in my primaries last year I have gained an additional 1000+ clinical hours as I continued to be the primary caregiver for my Alzheimer patient, and I was able to shadow a DO PCP and gain a DO letter of rec! As I prepare to reapply I was hoping on any criticisms of my old school list and whether any additions were warranted! Again, thank you for your time!

Stats:

Stats: CA resident (Iranian-American, I do not know how that relates to Minority status)
MCAT: 509 (unbalanced, 128,125,130,126), I have taken the test 2 times prior, 503 (4 years ago) and 501 (2 months before 509)
cGPA: 3.2 (2.8 undergrad, 3.9 for 31 sem hours of only bcpm courses)
sGPA: 3.2 (same as above)
shadowing: 100 (surgical trauma and family practice)
Clinical Work: At home Caregiver to the most wonderful Alzheimer patient (Current) 1200 hours. Pharmacy technician 3 years, 2500 hours (included due to a promotion i received during my 2nd year that made me responsible for being in direct conversation with providers and insurance companies as I managed multiple specialty patients treatment options and delivery adherence).
Non Clinical Work: 1 season as the Head coach for high school JV swim team
Clinical Volunteering: 100 hours as a general volunteer at California Careforce run free dental clinics for veterans and those without insurance
Non clinical volunteering: 250 hours working at a homeless refuge/emergency school for relocated families. Currently in process for online volunteering
Research: 300 hours as part of a research lab (Insect pesticide resistance and human cadaver)
Last cycle list:
AzCom-AZ
ATSU-SOma
Atsu-Kcom
UIWSOM
PCOM
LECOM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
CUSOM
VCOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-ARKANSAS
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
TUNCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Apply to all the schools you previously applied to and I suggest adding these schools to your application:
WCU-COM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
CHSU-COM
ICOM
BCOM
LMU-DCOM
MU-COM
Noorda-COM

Reactions: 1 user
Apply to all the schools you previously applied to and I suggest adding these schools to your application:
WCU-COM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
CHSU-COM
ICOM
BCOM
LMU-DCOM
MU-COM
Noorda-COM
Thank you @Faha !!