3.2/509/CA/non-URM. DO Reapplicant needs help improving list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Big Tall Doctor

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear SDN community, I thank you for taking the time to visit my post!
I am a DIY re-inventor who got pretty close last cycle as I recieved 2 interview invites and was placed on the waitlist by both programs. (KCU and NYIT-ARK)
Since sending in my primaries last year I have gained an additional 1000+ clinical hours as I continued to be the primary caregiver for my Alzheimer patient, and I was able to shadow a DO PCP and gain a DO letter of rec! As I prepare to reapply I was hoping on any criticisms of my old school list and whether any additions were warranted! Again, thank you for your time!

Stats:

Stats: CA resident (Iranian-American, I do not know how that relates to Minority status)
MCAT: 509 (unbalanced, 128,125,130,126), I have taken the test 2 times prior, 503 (4 years ago) and 501 (2 months before 509)
cGPA: 3.2 (2.8 undergrad, 3.9 for 31 sem hours of only bcpm courses)
sGPA: 3.2 (same as above)
shadowing: 100 (surgical trauma and family practice)
Clinical Work: At home Caregiver to the most wonderful Alzheimer patient (Current) 1200 hours. Pharmacy technician 3 years, 2500 hours (included due to a promotion i received during my 2nd year that made me responsible for being in direct conversation with providers and insurance companies as I managed multiple specialty patients treatment options and delivery adherence).
Non Clinical Work: 1 season as the Head coach for high school JV swim team
Clinical Volunteering: 100 hours as a general volunteer at California Careforce run free dental clinics for veterans and those without insurance
Non clinical volunteering: 250 hours working at a homeless refuge/emergency school for relocated families. Currently in process for online volunteering
Research: 300 hours as part of a research lab (Insect pesticide resistance and human cadaver)
Last cycle list:
AzCom-AZ
ATSU-SOma
Atsu-Kcom
UIWSOM
PCOM
LECOM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
CUSOM
VCOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-ARKANSAS
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
TUNCOM