School List Help: 508 MCAT, 3.49 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, CA ORM

Started by asult2026
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

asult2026

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I'm applying this cycle to both MD and DO schools. I've attached my MD and DO school lists below, and I'm hoping to get recommendations for MD especially since it's been tough to find schools where I might have somewhat of a chance. I made my MD school list using MSAR and seeing where I'm around the 10th-25th percentile for MCAT and GPA, but I'm hoping to add more schools to maximize my chances

Extracurriculars:
Clinical volunteering: 250 hours across 3 activities (taking vitals in ED, hospital volunteering, and free clinics)
Non-clinical volunteering: 400 hours across 3 activities (mentorship, food pantry)
Research: 200 hours, 1 pub pending (2nd author)
Leadership: 550 hours across 3 positions
CA ORM at T20
cGPA: 3.49
sGPA: 3.2
MCAT: 508 (126/125/127/130)
Somewhat of an upward trend (increase from freshman year and then pretty much consistent)

I'm taking a gap year, so I anticipate getting a lot more clinical hours and research hours and will send update letters on those later in the cycle.

MD List, somewhat ordered from better to worse chances:
  • Rosalind Franklin
  • West Virginia University
  • Rush
  • University of Vermont
  • Tulane
  • UCR SOM (Inland Empire resident)
  • California University of Science and Medicine (CUSM)
  • Roseman
  • University of Toledo
  • NEOMED
  • Medical College of Wisconsin
  • University of Arizona (Tucson)
  • Nova Southeastern
  • Eastern Virginia Medical School
  • Quinnipiac
  • Penn State
  • Wright State Boonshoft
  • Wake Forest University
  • Oakland University Beaumont
  • Temple
  • Albany
  • Wayne State
  • Belmont University
^I'm not entirely sure which other ones to add, but I'd like to apply to 35-40 MD schools to just really maximize my chances this cycle, since I'm not sure if my parents will help with costs if I need to reapply

Here I've attached some other options and their median MCAT as well, please let me know if any of these are worth adding:
1780095608540.png


DO List:
  • Western University of Health Sciences (COMP)
  • Touro University California
  • Touro University NY
  • NYIT-COM
  • PCOM
  • MSU COM
  • Rowan COM
  • Nova Southeastern COM
  • ATSU-KCOM
  • Noorda-COM
^Not sure what other ones to add, I was going to add CHSU because I'm a CA resident but I've heard bad things about it from the students
I'd like to add 7-10 more DO schools, please let me know if you have any recommendations
 
You have many state public schools on your lists that admit very few (if any-Southern Illinois does not admit non residents) non residents with your stats and no connection to the state. Rush expects many hundreds of hour each for clinical and non clinical volunteering. I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
California Northstate
California University
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
Roseman
TCU
Alice Walton
Belmont
Methodist
Ponce (St. Louis)
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Eastern Virginia
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
For DO schools I suggest these:
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
DMU-COM
PCOM (all schools)
NYITCOM (both schools)
Touro-NY
LECOM (all schools)
UIWSOM
MU-COM